Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 10:47:58 PM EDT
An important part of understanding this, and future protests, is Lee Merritt.  That’s the guy in the red “legal observer” t-shirt in the recent Plano/Frisco BLM protest.  He’s a NJ lawyer with the Philadelphia firm of McEldrew Young.  At any given time, that firm has maybe a dozen lawsuits against Texas police departments and has maintained that for the last two-three years plus?  I can probably dig through the archives and pick out six or seven GD discussed incidents this firm backed.

Lee Merritt announced he is running for Attorney General in 2022.  We’ve talked multiple times about the effect Soros DA’s have had in Texas and other states on local enforcement.  Imagine that x10 as the top prosecutor in the state.  His pockets, and his firm’s, are fat with your tax dollars from the previous litigations.  That, plus donations, will be the warchest in 2022.  On top of that, Mr. Merritt can more or less command discord/BLM protests anywhere it pleases him in Texas - and the not so subtle message there for businesses and citizens is “Elect me and it goes away.”

The current incumbent Attorney General is Ken Paxton,  I’ve met him and met his wife (my state senator) and I am 98% convinced they are the real deal on RKBA.  At the same time, going on memory, Paxton did worse than Cruz in the last election - and that was before the corruption charges we’ve already discussed here.

Word is George P. Bush, the current commissioner of the General Land Office, is going to challenge Paxton in 2022 for the GOP nomination to AG.  Aside from his family history, GPB’s main claim to fame is to make an office many Texans didn’t even know existed controversial via his “reimagining” of the Alamo.  Now, GPB consistently supported Trump, even after Trump lambasted his father, Jeb.  Speaking only for myself, I won’t vote for any fucking descendant of George H. W. Bush ever again.  Not for fucking dogcatcher.

But 2022 is going to be interesting, I’ve got no doubt that if GPB wins that nomination, he’ll win the general election.  I also have maybe 5% doubt that if he wins that, RKBA will get sandbagged in all kinds of quiet, non-transparent ways.  If Paxton wins the nomination, it will be a big fight in the general election - and the people who will come out against him will be solid, credible, lifelong Texas Republicans.  And failure to win may mean BLM as the state attorney general.

So small order:
Good chance of widespread “try that shit in Texas” being tried in Texas - definitely in big cities and a lot of smaller placestoo,

Large order:
I know its like herding cats; but we have to decide if we want to play safe or play to win - and if we play to win, we have to be all in.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
An important part of understanding this, and future protests, is Lee Merritt.  That’s the guy in the red “legal observer” t-shirt in the recent Plano/Frisco BLM protest.  He’s a NJ lawyer with the Philadelphia firm of McEldrew Young.  At any given time, that firm has maybe a dozen lawsuits against Texas police departments and has maintained that for the last two-three years plus?  I can probably dig through the archives and pick out six or seven GD discussed incidents this firm backed.

Lee Merritt announced he is running for Attorney General in 2022.  We’ve talked multiple times about the effect Soros DA’s have had in Texas and other states on local enforcement.  Imagine that x10 as the top prosecutor in the state.  His pockets, and his firm’s, are fat with your tax dollars from the previous litigations.  That, plus donations, will be the warchest in 2022.  On top of that, Mr. Merritt can more or less command discord/BLM protests anywhere it pleases him in Texas - and the not so subtle message there for businesses and citizens is “Elect me and it goes away.”

The current incumbent Attorney General is Ken Paxton,  I’ve met him and met his wife (my state senator) and I am 98% convinced they are the real deal on RKBA.  At the same time, going on memory, Paxton did worse than Cruz in the last election - and that was before the corruption charges we’ve already discussed here.

Word is George P. Bush, the current commissioner of the General Land Office, is going to challenge Paxton in 2022 for the GOP nomination to AG.  Aside from his family history, GPB’s main claim to fame is to make an office many Texans didn’t even know existed controversial via his “reimagining” of the Alamo.  Now, GPB consistently supported Trump, even after Trump lambasted his father, Jeb.  Speaking only for myself, I won’t vote for any fucking descendant of George H. W. Bush ever again.  Not for fucking dogcatcher.

But 2022 is going to be interesting, I’ve got no doubt that if GPB wins that nomination, he’ll win the general election.  I also have maybe 5% doubt that if he wins that, RKBA will get sandbagged in all kinds of quiet, non-transparent ways.  If Paxton wins the nomination, it will be a big fight in the general election - and the people who will come out against him will be solid, credible, lifelong Texas Republicans.  And failure to win may mean BLM as the state attorney general.

So small order:
Good chance of widespread “try that shit in Texas” being tried in Texas - definitely in big cities and a lot of smaller placestoo,

Large order:
I know its like herding cats; but we have to decide if we want to play safe or play to win - and if we play to win, we have to be all in.
View Quote

They libTARDs and even some RINOS were throwing the corruption bullshit before Paxton’s first election to AG. In ‘18 the Democrat gave the look of a normal person not a rest crazy. In the last month of the election Bob the Fake Mexican got so much money he ran ads all over the place but ads were so bad because the mask was starting to slip off the Fake Mexican with his insanity.

Paxton is one of the most solid conservatives in the state of Texas, Texas and the U.S. would be in a lot worse shape if it wasn’t for Paxton leading the charge for government over reach especially NObama’s crap on NObamacare.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
What of Abbott in all of this now?  I saw a poll where Allen West and Chad Prather currently have higher numbers than Abbott. Has West expressed any interest in running? Abbott was polling at 8% with West at 34%, Prather at 23%, and McConaughey at 5% with a couple of others with small numbers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck Abbott, his actions directly contributed to my mom's death.  I will never vote for his ass again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
One thing to understand we are 18 months away from the election. What will affect the election to the general public has not taken place yet. Other thing is in the 2022 election there are no Senatorial races in Texas and no Presidential election. These usually work better for Republicans. Now the one who many have the election or at least the primary blow up in the face is Patrick if Constitutional Carry does not get passed. His only out of having a Democrat kill the bill on a point of order is gone. So not passing gets hung around his neck and grassroots gun owners are going to be organized and pissed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:53:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What of Abbott in all of this now?  I saw a poll where Allen West and Chad Prather currently have higher numbers than Abbott. Has West expressed any interest in running? Abbott was polling at 8% with West at 34%, Prather at 23%, and McConaughey at 5% with a couple of others with small numbers.
View Quote

I can't believe the sitting governor, who was re-elected with 56-58 percent of the vote, is poling at 8%, while the Texas Republican Chairman is 34%, and some dude I've never heard of (which isn't the end all, but I follow Texas politics more than 9/10 people, and if I don't know who Prather is, the other 9/10 don't either) has 23%.

Back on the original topic - good point about the AG.  I wish Paxton's legal case would get wrapped up - one way or the other.  Seems like 6 years to bring a case to trail is "process is the punishment".  Yes I know he's filed different appeals and raised issues about the case - as any defendant has the right to do.  If the court can't wrap up a case in less time that WWII took, the whole things should be thrown out.

I'll never vote for a Bush family member in any primary, and only in the general if there's a strong chance some loony leftist might get elected.  A family of political cowards.  When the going gets tough, the Bushes just quit.  When the going gets tough, the Bushes run away.

I voted for H Bush in 88 - got a firearms import ban, a tax raise, and a leftist on the Supreme Court.  Then he quit in office about late 91, had to be talked into running again, which he did in a half-assed way, and lost to Clinton.

Voted for W Bush in 2000 - got top tax rates cut (the Holy Grain of Republican polices), a half-assed war against Al Qaeda, and then he started another half-assed war in Iraq.  He also rehabilitated the tarnished reputation of Clinton by setting up various do-good mission with him and his dad.  Vote for him again in 2004 - and he quit in office about 2005, though he and K Rove did try to push an illegal alien amnesty on us.  Left the office with an approval rating lower than the freezing point of water, and so ushered in not just King Barry, but 60 Democrat votes in the Senate to push Barrycare through.  

Jeb!, was going to be the designed Republican tomato can like Mittens and McShitStain were - nominated to lose.  He'd have ran a terrible campaign, more or less on purpose, to allow him to lose to Hillary, and then run back to Keenybunkport.  

I have no use for the Bushes.  They're only running at this point as Republicans as they can't run as a Democrat.  But make no mistake - if they were starting into politics from scratch - from Connecticut, went to Yale, fans of big companies and open boarders for below minimum wage labor - they'd run as Democrats.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Deleted
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#7]
The Plano PD stood around with their thumb in their asses while people broke the law because their Chief and political masters told them to.

The Chief and the elected jokers told them that, as they and the rioters are all on the same side.  No 4-d chess here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Plano PD stood around with their thumb in their asses while people broke the law because their Chief and political masters told them to.

The Chief and the elected jokers told them that, as they and the rioters are all on the same side.  No 4-d chess here.
View Quote

One thing I don’t like is city council seats, school board seats, even mayors not allowed to run under a political party. At least with a party listed for candidates you have some idea what you are getting when you vote for or against them. Even in Austin the regular people are finally learning that the Democrat party is a train wreck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I can't believe the sitting governor, who was re-elected with 56-58 percent of the vote, is poling at 8%, while the Texas Republican Chairman is 34%, and some dude I've never heard of (which isn't the end all, but I follow Texas politics more than 9/10 people, and if I don't know who Prather is, the other 9/10 don't either) has 23%.

Back on the original topic - good point about the AG.  I wish Paxton's legal case would get wrapped up - one way or the other.  Seems like 6 years to bring a case to trail is "process is the punishment".  Yes I know he's filed different appeals and raised issues about the case - as any defendant has the right to do.  If the court can't wrap up a case in less time that WWII took, the whole things should be thrown out.

I'll never vote for a Bush family member in any primary, and only in the general if there's a strong chance some loony leftist might get elected.  A family of political cowards.  When the going gets tough, the Bushes just quit.  When the going gets tough, the Bushes run away.

I voted for H Bush in 88 - got a firearms import ban, a tax raise, and a leftist on the Supreme Court.  Then he quit in office about late 91, had to be talked into running again, which he did in a half-assed way, and lost to Clinton.

Voted for W Bush in 2000 - got top tax rates cut (the Holy Grain of Republican polices), a half-assed war against Al Qaeda, and then he started another half-assed war in Iraq.  He also rehabilitated the tarnished reputation of Clinton by setting up various do-good mission with him and his dad.  Vote for him again in 2004 - and he quit in office about 2005, though he and K Rove did try to push an illegal alien amnesty on us.  Left the office with an approval rating lower than the freezing point of water, and so ushered in not just King Barry, but 60 Democrat votes in the Senate to push Barrycare through.  

Jeb!, was going to be the designed Republican tomato can like Mittens and McShitStain were - nominated to lose.  He'd have ran a terrible campaign, more or less on purpose, to allow him to lose to Hillary, and then run back to Keenybunkport.  

I have no use for the Bushes.  They're only running at this point as Republicans as they can't run as a Democrat.  But make no mistake - if they were starting into politics from scratch - from Connecticut, went to Yale, fans of big companies and open boarders for below minimum wage labor - they'd run as Democrats.
View Quote

The Bush family are a bunch of losers politically. They are like McRomney and McStain, way to afraid to call out and take on the media that spread lies about them. After W won re-election the media went full blown lying about everything W did, yet he would never call them out or even say they were lying. Of course both W and McStain could not wait to show how great they by pushing a huge amnesty bill forward. Only reason they couldn’t was the American people did not want amnesty for 20+ million illegals.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Chad Prather is a comedian who started out as a Face Book popular comedian and has evolved into a political commentator/podcaster. Lots of his stuff on youtube. Think of him as a conservative Bill Maher. A Trump supporter and is pro-guns, right to life, pro wall, is anti-mask, pro-open the state up, and so forth. He talks a good game but we will see if he can run a campaign and handle the talk show circuit.

Speaking of talk shows, George P and Don Huffines were both on with Mark Davis at KSKY 660 Am in Dallas last week, and neither did particularly well in their interviews. Both had a bag of nothing.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Bush family are a bunch of losers politically. ...

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So if that dude is a notorious lawyer who sues police departments, maybe plano pd knew that and stood down? Playing the long game, lee merrit trying to get political points by starting stuff in texas?
View Quote

He started several years back.  I first became aware of him from this case https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/texas-mom-arrest-1.3910285.  I’ve no doubt Plano PD knew what was going on there.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Bush family are a bunch of losers politically. ...

The Bush family wants to be liked by the media and left which hated them. They  are far from conservatives and are losers because of it. I was done with the entire Bush family when W refused to stand up for himself as the media attacked him. Then they got all butt hurt because President Trump stood up and fought back.

Plus the Bush family loves amnesty for illegals. Finally the Hispanics on the Texas border are getting smart and the realized that President Trump’s border policies reduced crime on the border by significant amounts.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Bush family wants to be liked by the media and left which hated them. They  are far from conservatives and are losers because of it. I was done with the entire Bush family when W refused to stand up for himself as the media attacked him. Then they got all butt hurt because President Trump stood up and fought back.

Plus the Bush family loves amnesty for illegals. Finally the Hispanics on the Texas border are getting smart and the realized that President Trump’s border policies reduced crime on the border by significant amounts.
View Quote

My is in response to "The Bush family are a bunch of losers politically."
The Bush family won governorships in two states, won three presidential elections and without doubt are the most successful political family in US History.
Yeah, losers.

Neither George Bush or Donald Trump are conservatives.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Bush family won governorships in two states, won three presidential elections and without doubt are the most successful political family in US History.
Yeah, losers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, losers.

W did a pretty good job a Texas Governor, and his first term as President he did pretty good. No Governor or President is perfect, but when your positives out weigh your negatives by a lot they are doing OK. W went down hill after re-election, but even then he wasn’t John Fucking Kerry. In 2000 W was the best of both parties for President, I worked for his campaign, raised money for him, to get him into office. I even helped on his re-election campaign, but after re-election he started letting us down.

W did some of the same things his Dad did, not standing up to the media and wanting the Democrats to like them instead fearing them.

Jeb! in Florida did very little for the state, Florida has always had a fucked up Republican Party. There has been no expansion of gun rights in Florida since they got concealed carry in ‘86.

I never said W or President Trump was/are conservatives. But W and his family are all globalists while President Trump is America First. I would much rather have America First over a Globalist or even a conservative.

I am done electing anymore of the Bush family, both the Bush’s and Clinton’s need to retire from politics and in the Bush’s case go back into the business world.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The problem I have with Ken Paxton is with cities and counties who prohibit firearm owners from carrying in government buildings.  A law was passed which stated we have the right to carry in government buildings and offices which are not connected with the courts.  The law even had a penalty in it which assessed a fine for doing so.  Some counties thumb their noses at the public who do carry and go ahead and prohibit the carrying of firearms in government buildings anyway.  When this is referred to the AG, nothing happens.  I'm told this is done, because the republicans in charge need the support from these counties.  
So much for his RKBA stance.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The problem I have with Ken Paxton is with cities and counties who prohibit firearm owners from carrying in government buildings.  A law was passed which stated we have the right to carry in government buildings and offices which are not connected with the courts.  The law even had a penalty in it which assessed a fine for doing so.  Some counties thumb their noses at the public who do carry and go ahead and prohibit the carrying of firearms in government buildings anyway.  When this is referred to the AG, nothing happens.  I'm told this is done, because the republicans in charge need the support from these counties.  
View Quote

I did know that, I do know he went after Travis county for pulling that kind of bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Attorney General’s office issues a letter regarding every complaint on 30.06 and how they resolved it.  Those letters are public record and published on the state website.  For example; https://www2.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/opn/3006_letters/2017-08-15-Killeen_Police_Dept.pdf

Typically, those letters outline the underlying law and why they reached that particular decision.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Bush family are a bunch of losers politically.
View Quote

Politically, they are they are the winningest family is US history.

eta

shoulda kept reading all the responses....
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I did know that, I do know he went after Travis county for pulling that kind of bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well they didn't do shit in my county.  In fact, 2 years ago I went to get a license for a trailer at the court house, which is where the license office was, and was not allowed to carry my pocket knife into the building.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well they didn't do shit in my county.  In fact, 2 years ago I went to get a license for a trailer at the court house, which is where the license office was, and was not allowed to carry my pocket knife into the building.
View Quote

Same thing in Grayson county. At the courthouse, there are records offices on the first floor but also the Sherriff's office, and courtrooms on the second. Supposedly, because of the sheriff's office, the whole building is a no-go zone. I was challenged on a Space pen until I took it apart and proved it was just a brass-cased ink pen. It's been challenged but nothing has been done so far.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 2:16:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Attorney General’s office has been fighting the issue of whether an entire building can be declared off limits based on a few court offices since 2016.  See Paxton v. Waller County.  They’ve been arguing just over the jurisdictional issue since 2016.  The appeals court decision on that was just issued in March of this year; but should make it easier to enforce those laws going forward.

I didn’t see a complaint for Grayson County in the list of 411.209 complaints; but assuming you made one, it may be waiting the outcome of this ruling since the issue of whether the AG has jurisdiction would effect other counties as well (both legally and in terms of their willingness to hire lawyers to fight with the AG over it).
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn’t see a complaint for Grayson County in the list of 411.209 complaints; but assuming you made one, it may be waiting the outcome of this ruling since the issue of whether the AG has jurisdiction would effect other counties as well (both legally and in terms of their willingness to hire lawyers to fight with the AG over it).
View Quote

This may be what happened. I believe OCT was going to challenge it and never heard anything else.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lee Merritt announced he is running for Attorney General in 2022.  We've talked multiple times about the effect Soros DA's have had in Texas and other states on local enforcement.  Imagine that x10 as the top prosecutor in the state.  His pockets, and his firm's, are fat with your tax dollars from the previous litigations.  That, plus donations, will be the warchest in 2022.  On top of that, Mr. Merritt can more or less command discord/BLM protests anywhere it pleases him in Texas - and the not so subtle message there for businesses and citizens is "Elect me and it goes away."
View Quote
Like it went away in Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, etc.? I hope we are smarter than that!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Like it went away in Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, etc.? I hope we are smarter than that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lee Merritt announced he is running for Attorney General in 2022.  We've talked multiple times about the effect Soros DA's have had in Texas and other states on local enforcement.  Imagine that x10 as the top prosecutor in the state.  His pockets, and his firm's, are fat with your tax dollars from the previous litigations.  That, plus donations, will be the warchest in 2022.  On top of that, Mr. Merritt can more or less command discord/BLM protests anywhere it pleases him in Texas - and the not so subtle message there for businesses and citizens is "Elect me and it goes away."

DA’s are different elections than AG’s. DA only has to bull shit a county not a state. Also people are catching on to the Soros financed DA’s. A lot of the Soros DAs got in in 2018 because of the Beto Affect.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Update:  currently George P. is out fundraising all competitors.  We also have a female, hispanic, solidly GOP, former Supreme Court of Texas justice who dropped out of an easy lifetime money train to run for AG.  She’s at the back of the pack fundwise.

We’re going to need to get behind someone here.  Paxton is going to be the most pro-2A candidate; but also the one who is going to have the hardest fight in the general - and if we lose the general election, it’s going to be the polar opposite.  Just a huge loss.

If P. Bush wins, my take is he’ll win the general easy and then just quietly buddyfuck us.  Eva Guzman is kind of a split the difference between those extremes. The problem being can a “meh” candidate beat the Dem when she’s at the back of the bus in primary fundraising?

Basically, its turbulent water and our chances of making shore are enhanced if we all pull in the same direction.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Paxton is going to be the most pro-2A candidate;
View Quote

Is he?  He doesn't seem to have done a whole lot against local governments ignoring prohibitions on posting 30.06/30.07.  The houston livestock show and rodeo has blithely ignored it every year, and Paxton hasn't done thing.  And all the complaint letters that were on the web site are hidden now.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 1:35:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Update:  currently George P. is out fundraising all competitors.  We also have a female, hispanic, solidly GOP, former Supreme Court of Texas justice who dropped out of an easy lifetime money train to run for AG.  She’s at the back of the pack fundwise.

We’re going to need to get behind someone here.  Paxton is going to be the most pro-2A candidate; but also the one who is going to have the hardest fight in the general - and if we lose the general election, it’s going to be the polar opposite.  Just a huge loss.

If P. Bush wins, my take is he’ll win the general easy and then just quietly buddyfuck us.  Eva Guzman is kind of a split the difference between those extremes. The problem being can a “meh” candidate beat the Dem when she’s at the back of the bus in primary fundraising?

Basically, its turbulent water and our chances of making shore are enhanced if we all pull in the same direction.
View Quote

What is going to make a big difference in any of the elections are not even noticed now. A lot of shit will change in the next year and you are still 4 months from the election.

Remember JEB! raised a lot of money too, and got no where. Democrats been trying to sling shit at Paxton for over 7 years and it has gotten nowhere. I’m glad the Texas Republican Party doesn’t play stupid the the house did and force out Delay when accused, then it turned out did not break the law.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I have absolutely no use for any member of the Bush family.

H Bush ran on not raising taxes (which was a dumb theme for a presidential campaign which should have been to continue the legacy of Reagan and continue to move the country to the right), but then raised them anyway (his defense was that he was outwitted by the most clever of politicians (checks notes), George Mitchel, Senate Majority leader about as sharp as a spoon), banned imported guns via EO, and put a leftist on the Supreme Court.  Then quit in office about late 91 and let Clinton get elected.

W Bush lied and stumbled our way into a pointless war in Iraq, then quit in office in 2005, leading to a Democrat House, White House, and a 60 vote caucus in the Senate, and Obamacare.  It was only a miracle of their incompetence that's the worst they were able to do during that period.

Jeb!, was the designated Tomato Can in 2016 - the amenable loser that would have ran a flaccid campaign against Shirlery and lost on purpose.

George P can't even keep the leftists away from trying to destroy the memory and history of the Alamo - one of the few important jobs that the Land Commissioner has.  It would interfere with his ability to raise money, for a job (AG), that he'd do a poor job with, and quit when the heat was on.  He just wants to run for governor anyway, and AG is just a stepping stone.

When the going gets tough, the Bushes just quit.  When the going gets rough, the Bushes run away.  Never trust or vote for a member this family.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is he?  He doesn't seem to have done a whole lot against local governments ignoring prohibitions on posting 30.06/30.07.  The houston livestock show and rodeo has blithely ignored it every year, and Paxton hasn't done thing.  And all the complaint letters that were on the web site are hidden now.
View Quote

The Attorney General’s office has been fighting a legal battle over their ability to enforce that law since 2016 or so? You know, the thing we discussed on page 1 of this giant 2 page thread?  They won (well, the first step of it anyway) in March of this year. I understand how that can be perceived that “nothing is being done” but a five year legal battle isn’t cheap or easy.  It don’t think it would have happened with any of the AG alternatives we are discussing,

The complaint form is here: https://www2.texasattorneygeneral.gov/apps/3006/.  Use it!  The attorney general’s office has a lot more leverage now to help with these complaints after the court win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top