Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2021 3:42:28 AM EDT
I hit a trifecta this year. Antelope HLTE 131, 231 Early season cow elk (I'll probably return this one) and Antlered Mule deer 141

Tom
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Antelope HSTE for me. 10 other family members completely skunked.

The draw odds are getting tougher and tougher every year.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, after this year the odds should be getting better. 7 or 8 years ago NDOW fucked up by allowing party members to return
their tags and receive their bonus points back as well as an additional 1 for that year, so a lot of hunters started using shills. Example:
Joe puts in with his wife for a party hunt and they draw tags, Joe's wife returns her tag and gets her bonus points back + another
one for that year. Year after year they continue to put in together and she keeps accumulating points by returning her tags and
Joe continues to benefit from her points. This year NDOW changed it to where The whole party has to return their tags in order to
receive back their bonus points. Joe's gaming the system ends after this year.
Tom
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing for me 3 yrs in a row. Fuck NDOW!
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Actually, after this year the odds should be getting better. 7 or 8 years ago NDOW fucked up by allowing party members to return
their tags and receive their bonus points back as well as an additional 1 for that year, so a lot of hunters started using shills. Example:
Joe puts in with his wife for a party hunt and they draw tags, Joe's wife returns her tag and gets her bonus points back + another
one for that year. Year after year they continue to put in together and she keeps accumulating points by returning her tags and
Joe continues to benefit from her points. This year NDOW changed it to where The whole party has to return their tags in order to
Tom
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tom

I recently learned about this. Had no idea that was going on. Glad to see the game being stopped.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

At one point I didn't draw a single tag for 5 years. I had come very close to giving hunting up completely. Now I draw something or other about every other year which isn't bad.

Keep the faith!
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

At one point I didn't draw a single tag for 5 years. I had come very close to giving hunting up completely. Now I draw something or other about every other year which isn't bad.

Keep the faith!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep the faith!

I was on the other end of that.  I use to draw something every other year.... now nothing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]
This was my 11th year applying for the antelope tag. I was beginning to think that I would never draw one.
As for Mule deer, I quit putting in for areas like 22, 23, and 13 because they have gotten ridiculously difficult to draw.
Now, I only apply for units north of Hwy 50.
Tom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top