Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2023 11:13:35 PM EDT
Buffalo brothers in Fort Worth, Texas.

It’s absolutely superb.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah....Nooooo...

Pizza, meh, I have no opinion...

But having lived in Buffalo for most of my life, I guarantee the best wings in Texas are in Southlake at Duff's.

Duff's is the best wings in Buffalo, way better than Anchor Bar (the originators of the wing).

Been eating Duff's wings since 1987.

They were a stand alone dive bar on Sheridan Drive between UB's Main Street and Amherst campuses, been there since the 30's. Around the 90's they started opening essentially franchises in a few locations. Once we moved down here, I stumbled upon them having a Southlake location. Now every time we want a taste of home, thats where we head.

Duff's is the GOAT.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah....Nooooo...

But having lived in Buffalo for most of my life, I guarantee the best wings in Texas are in Southlake at Duff's.

Duff's is the best wings in Buffalo, way better than Anchor Bar (the originators of the wing).

They were a stand alone dive bar on Sheridan Drive between UB's Main Street and Amherst campuses, been there since the 30's. Around the 90's they started opening essentially franchises in a few locations. Once we moved down here, I stumbled upon them having a Southlake location. Now every time we want a taste of home, thats where we head.

Duff's is the GOAT.
View Quote

I’ll go try them next week.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I’ll go try them next week.

View Quote

I looked up Buffalo Bros, we will give them a try sometime soon, they do look promising, plus I could go a few Sahlens dogs with Weber's mustard, and mu son is jonesing for Loganberry (if they actually have any, damned COVID cut production way back, so Duff's hasn't had it).

Beef on Weck is tough to find a decent one too outside Buffalo.

I ain't lyin', this is all Buffalo Soul Food...

SAHLEN’S HOT DOG

HOT DOG, KETCHUP, MUSTARD, DILL PICKLE, SWEET RELISH & ONION

$7.99

BEEF ON WECK

ROAST BEEF, AU JUS, HORSERADISH, KIMMELWECK ROLL

$9.99

BOLOGNA & ONION

BEEF BOLOGNA, ONION, AMERICAN CHEESE & WEBER’S MUSTARD

$10.99 - $16.99

A-BOMB

STEAK, ITALIAN SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, ONION, PROVOLONE, LETTUCE, TOMATO & CHIPOTLE MAYO

$14.99 - $20.99

BAKED ROYAL

ITALIAN SAUSAGE, CAPICOLA, AMERICAN CHEESE, LETTUCE, TOMATO & MAYO

$13.99 - $19.99

STINGER

STEAK, CHICKEN FINGER, HOT SAUCE, AMERICAN CHEESE, LETTUCE, ONION & BLUE CHEESE DRESSING

$14.99 - $20.99

CHICKEN FINGER

CHICKEN FINGER, HOT SAUCE, AMERICAN CHEESE, LETTUCE, TOMATO & BLUE CHEESE DRESSING

$13.99 - $19.99

So they got these right...I see their one guy is from Buffalo, so maybe some promise there...so thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/g2rY53Kk/IMG-0572.jpg

It’s absolutely superb.

View Quote

Looks mid.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Brothers Pizza Express in Magnolia is pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Now I want a beef on weck.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Pho District on W.7th used to have wings on the menu, and they were the best I have had anywhere. I wish they'd bring them back.

Lenny's Local in Weatherford had really good wings last I was there
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I looked up Buffalo Bros, we will give them a try sometime soon, they do look promising, plus I could go a few Sahlens dogs with Weber's mustard, and mu son is jonesing for Loganberry (if they actually have any, damned COVID cut production way back, so Duff's hasn't had it).

Beef on Weck is tough to find a decent one too outside Buffalo.

I ain't lyin', this is all Buffalo Soul Food...

SAHLEN’S HOT DOG

HOT DOG, KETCHUP, MUSTARD, DILL PICKLE, SWEET RELISH & ONION

$7.99

BEEF ON WECK

ROAST BEEF, AU JUS, HORSERADISH, KIMMELWECK ROLL

$9.99

BOLOGNA & ONION

BEEF BOLOGNA, ONION, AMERICAN CHEESE & WEBER’S MUSTARD

$10.99 - $16.99

A-BOMB

STEAK, ITALIAN SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, ONION, PROVOLONE, LETTUCE, TOMATO & CHIPOTLE MAYO

$14.99 - $20.99

BAKED ROYAL

ITALIAN SAUSAGE, CAPICOLA, AMERICAN CHEESE, LETTUCE, TOMATO & MAYO

$13.99 - $19.99

STINGER

STEAK, CHICKEN FINGER, HOT SAUCE, AMERICAN CHEESE, LETTUCE, ONION & BLUE CHEESE DRESSING

$14.99 - $20.99

CHICKEN FINGER

CHICKEN FINGER, HOT SAUCE, AMERICAN CHEESE, LETTUCE, TOMATO & BLUE CHEESE DRESSING

$13.99 - $19.99

So they got these right...I see their one guy is from Buffalo, so maybe some promise there...so thanks for the tip.
View Quote

What is beef on wreck?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What is beef on wreck?
View Quote

Really good roast beef on a Kemmelweck roll, which is a German hard roll with coarse salt sprinkled on top while baking. They thin slice a pile of roast beef, dip the bottom of the top roll into the jus, usually serve with horseradish, and thats a beef on weck. Again, a good one is sublime. The best in Buffalo was either at Schwabl's, or Charlie the Butcher's...

Charlie also made a kickin' prime rib sandwich on Thursdays I think...I literally lived down the road from Charlies airport location, had a lot of prime rib sandwiches...melt in your mouth, and always perfect.

We didn't have any decent Mex/Texmex, but damn, Buffalo has some good food! Hell, you gotta bulk up for the winters, like a bear...
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah....Nooooo...

Duff's is the GOAT.
View Quote

I grew up in Buffalo too, and agree with this review.

I was there last week with my son, after getting a craving for a beef on weck sandwich and some wings.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I grew up in Buffalo too, and agree with this review.

I was there last week with my son, after getting a craving for a beef on weck sandwich and some wings.
View Quote

Haven't tried their beef on weck downhere, back home, if I wanted weck, like I said it was Charlies or Schwabl's...never had anything but wings at Duff's...
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/g2rY53Kk/IMG-0572.jpg

It’s absolutely superb.

View Quote

I'm on a cut right now, but I would eat the FUCK out of that. Shit man. I may have to drive over the FW
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm on a cut right now, but I would eat the FUCK out of that. Shit man. I may have to drive over the FW
View Quote

It’s amazing.

Trust me, I’m a skinny guy in a fat dudes body.

I’ve been all across the world and
Nobody does wings, pizza, and bar food like buffalo brothers.

My office was across the street from their downtown Fort Worth location and I would go everyday.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Is this place 51% posted?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it posted correctly?  I've looked up more than one place which had 51% signs posted but when you go to TABC's web site, their liquor license shows "blue sign".  Often this is because places don't want to post 30.06/30.07/30.05 signs or they don't understand the TABC signage requirements.  I've seen places which put up both the "blue" and "red" signs for example.

Anyway...  as for a food place...  if they're really 51% then you have to wonder why they don't sell more food.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Go to Duff's in Southlake for wings.  OG and awesome the bestest everest.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah....Nooooo...

Duff's is the GOAT.
View Quote
You beat me and you are correct.  Duffs is the best
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top