Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2020 12:23:25 AM EDT
I am likely moving to Oregon from California soon and am wondering what the Oregon version of Calguns is. I want to find out about the gun laws before I move. I know there is good info on here but want to search multiple forums to fact check.

A webpage with all current gun laws would be fantastic. Having a hard time finding one that is current.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.oregonlaws.org/?search=Gun+laws
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/or-gun-laws/
Try this.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s a great start. Thanks.

Any Oregon specific gun forums? All I can find is sub forums on larger sites, like this one. If we aren’t allowed to post other forums links feel free to PM me.

????

I love ar15.com but I get much better info for California on the Cali specific site since most of the admins and people are from the state, and presume the same would go for an Oregon site.  There are a few Pacific North West sites, but I’m hoping to find an Oregon only forum. I must be losing my touch with internet searching as I can’t find one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s a great start. Thanks.

Any Oregon specific gun forums? All I can find is sub forums on larger sites, like this one. If we aren’t allowed to post other forums links feel free to PM me.

????

I love ar15.com but I get much better info for California on the Cali specific site since most of the admins and people are from the state, and presume the same would go for an Oregon site.  There are a few Pacific North West sites, but I’m hoping to find an Oregon only forum. I must be losing my touch with internet searching as I can’t find one.
View Quote

Californians need California specific websites because of the sheer volume of nonsense their legislature churns out.

Oregonians don't need a 4-page flow chart to determine whether or not their rifles are legal, so we don't need a Cal Guns equivalent.  At least for now.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
While it’s a good thing you don’t need something like Calguns in Oregon, I see there are political groups trying to add anti-gun laws. There should be an organization to stop them so Oregon doesn’t turn into California. At the point that Dems take control the state government stops listening to the people and only law stops them.

I’m sure more on here agree that we need more pro-gun laws at the state levels in every state. That’s the only way to keep our rights. When there is an Ore-guns.net it means the damage is done.  Make one now to stop laws instead of fighting to remove them. Maybe there is a group already? (Not talking about civilians, I’m talking a funded political entity like CRPA and GOC).

When I move, I fully intend to support my gun owning friends who stay in California. I’m not only moving to avoid the gun laws, there are a bunch of other reasons. But I know these legal battle in California can and will effect the entire country.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quick disclaimer, I’m just now learning about gun laws in Oregon. While they are not like California laws there are still laws. I intend to get my CCW and feel it’s important to know as much as possible.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While it’s a good thing you don’t need something like Calguns in Oregon, I see there are political groups trying to add anti-gun laws. There should be an organization to stop them so Oregon doesn’t turn into California. At the point that Dems take control the state government stops listening to the people and only law stops them.
View Quote

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/

Yes... O.F.F.  
Oregon Firearms Federation
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:18:55 AM EDT
[#8]
This a good local forum

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top