Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2018 10:44:56 PM EDT
I was hoping to get some advice from anyone in the central Iowa area. Want to stress that this isn't a sly way to sell outside the EE.

Due to a family situation I'm looking for a way to sell several pistols/long guns and most of my ammo fort.  I'm not looking forward to it but needs to be done.  I realize I won't get top dollar but are there local gun shops that do this?  Years ago I sold something to the folks who ran Butch Olafson, but I think there has been a lot of changes there.  Assume nothing extravagant, mainstream brands/models/calibers.

Alternatively, has anyone found online forums (our ee or other) that have buyer traffic in the Des Moines area?   I'm not interested in shipping so FTF is key.  Any advice would be welcome.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always list on the EE here and state you are looking for a FTF transaction.  Also there is always Armslist.  I believe Scheels sells guns on consignment as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean... I like guns
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Sheels buys guns. I've traded in a few over the years. I think they give you 80% of what they are going to sell it for. Can't remember exactly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks all for the guidance, just what I needed.  I'll probably try the EE for the ammo once I get the time to inventory & price.  Need to brush up on the rules, don't want to ruin my unblemished feedback rating.

I might stop by Sheels tomorrow and see what's up before I lug stuff in.  No need to make the newspaper with an "arsenal"
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I work at Rangemasters we do consignment its 20% unless you have quite a few guns then drop it depending on the amount of guns we put stuff on gunbroker too we might buy too depending on firearms! hit me up here or call/stop in the shop ask for Brendan/Boba Fett
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Brownells buys guns also. Some I have heard get great prices.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
suggest you transfer them through an FFL doesn' t matter which one.

LINK  to FFL finder
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#8]
The Rhine group will do consignments or maybe buy if they are quality guns.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top