Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2022 10:44:47 AM EDT
Looking at getting a suppressor.....I saw that Eagle Armory is a Silencer Co dealer.....417 guns does some NFA stuff but I had a buddy that got a suppressor through them and had a pretty bad experience...so I'm steering clear of them.

Anyone else in or around Springfield that is good to deal with on NFA stuff? Thanks!!  

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Whoever has a silencer shop kiosk
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Family First Pawn in Republic.

I've ordered from Silencer shop and transferred NFA in from other dealers.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Id either go to Eagle Armory and talk to Matt as they have a kiosk, or Family First Pawn and talk to Bryce as i have used both for my Suppressors as well as SBR's

btw anything you can find on silencershop Eagle can definitely get it FYI
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Id either go to Eagle Armory and talk to Matt as they have a kiosk, or Family First Pawn and talk to Bryce as i have used both for my Suppressors as well as SBR's

btw anything you can find on silencershop Eagle can definitely get it FYI
View Quote

I've always had good experiences at Eagle Armory also.

Have bought several guns there and they usually knock off $50 or so bucks of the price, not much but everything helps.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi,

I have purchased several suppressors from Eagle Armory.  They're good people to deal with, very helpful.  Can't find anyone better

If you come further southwest, stop by Quick Draw Guns in Monett.  I have purchased serveral guns and transfer thru them.. Looking at a Deadair mask for my .22lr

John Krzos
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Eagle Armory has a friendly, knowledgeable staff and they have a Silencer Shop kiosk. Makes suppressor purcahsing as easy as it can be.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Sound of Freedom if you want conjugal visits while you wait.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Family First Pawn in Republic.

I've ordered from Silencer shop and transferred NFA in from other dealers.
View Quote

I vote Family First Pawn in Republic also.
I have done over a dozen transfers with them and have had zero problems.

I wouldn't use Eagle Armory based upon my experience dealing with them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I vote Family First Pawn in Republic also.
I have done over a dozen transfers with them and have had zero problems.

I wouldn't use Eagle Armory based upon my experience dealing with them.
View Quote

What issues did you have with them?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have never had a good experience with Eagle Armory either.
Not at their old or new location.
The last time I went in to use the ss kiosk the guy at the counter had his face stuck in his phone.
Stood there for a second and he never even acknowledged I was there so I finally ask about the kiosk.
Dude didn’t even lift his head just jerked his thumb in the direction of a cave with no fucking light to the side of the counter.
Go do what I need to do after figuring it all out by myself,finish up, dudes still face buried in his phone,say thanks and he didn’t even aknowledge I was speaking to him and left.

This is of course after the time I stopped to look at what they had in stock and mentioned it was my first one and might need a little help figuring out the paperwork and dude told me I’d be better off buying through silencer shop and using the kiosk….

I wish All About Guns would get their NFA license.
If I ever get my suppressor it will be the last time I step foot into Eagle Armory.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Armed sources off sunshine and grant has a few suppressors, and some NFA micro conversion kits. I've not purchased any NFA stuff there, but generally the staff is pretty helpful with everything else.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Armed sources off sunshine and grant has a few suppressors, and some NFA micro conversion kits. I've not purchased any NFA stuff there, but generally the staff is pretty helpful with everything else.
View Quote

The owner was also happy to give soundbites to the news in support of universal background checks a few years back.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have never had a good experience with Eagle Armory either.
Not at their old or new location.
The last time I went in to use the ss kiosk the guy at the counter had his face stuck in his phone.
Stood there for a second and he never even acknowledged I was there so I finally ask about the kiosk.
Dude didn’t even lift his head just jerked his thumb in the direction of a cave with no fucking light to the side of the counter.
Go do what I need to do after figuring it all out by myself,finish up, dudes still face buried in his phone,say thanks and he didn’t even aknowledge I was speaking to him and left.

This is of course after the time I stopped to look at what they had in stock and mentioned it was my first one and might need a little help figuring out the paperwork and dude told me I’d be better off buying through silencer shop and using the kiosk….

I wish All About Guns would get their NFA license.
If I ever get my suppressor it will be the last time I step foot into Eagle Armory.

View Quote

That was pretty much my experience when I went into 417 guns several years ago. The owner was setting behind the counter when I walked in......couldn't even be bothered to look up from his phone as say "hi".  I was the only person in the place.  I looked around for a minute and then I walked up to the counter, asked him if he had the pistol in stock that I was looking for.......I just got a "no, I don't have any of those"......never even looked up from his phone.   I just turned around and walked out, haven't been back since.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The owner was also happy to give soundbites to the news in support of universal background checks a few years back.
View Quote

I'm not sure who owns it. Of the people I've met in there most of them have been pretty easy goin. There is one person in there that kind of gives me that 'I'm better than you' vibe. Maybe that's the owner.

But if that's the case maybe I'll stick with online purchases.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What issues did you have with them?
View Quote

General lack of customer service skills.  A couple that come to mind.
1. I wanted to use their kiosk for a transfer. They wouldn't accept the transfer or let me use the kiosk.
An FFL doesn't have to do transfers, but it also means they won't get my business. This was back at the old location, so this may have changed, but I have yet to have a need for another transfer dealer than Family First.
2. I wanted to look at an optic they had in stock. They wouldn't take it out from behind the glass for me to look at it.
What is the point of buying local if I cannot physical examine the optic before purchase?

I am shopper that prefers to be allowed to shop in peace without a sales attendant bothering me. However, if I ask to see something it typically means I want to buy it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I recently bought a Mossberg Shockwave from Eagle Armory. I like stopping in there to see what they have. The place is always busy and I've always been engaged / greeted by their staff.

I bought my suppressors from Dead Eye Gun & Pawn in Sparta. They have a Kiosk.
They are 1/2 way there on customer service. They will greet you when you walk in the door, then disappear behind their computer monitors. You almost have to yell at them to get them away from their computers.

We finally got a decent gun shop in Ozark County called:
The Gun Store
6113 State Hwy KK, Pottersville, MO 65790
(417) 855-6700

He also has a Kiosk and does the standard $20 transfers on firearms. He carries tons of ammo in every possible caliber you could imagine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top