Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2024 10:53:22 AM EDT
Where is it at?
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Been a long time since I was there but there was a place on A1A called New York Pizza.  Was great if you like NY style.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:38:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JThompson] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
Was great if you like NY style.
View Quote

As if there were any other style.

Did try a new place near Titusville if you happen to head down that way. Actually very good if in the area. No need to drive out of your way.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Went to Pete’s Pizza
Was very good
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Giuseppe's in Port Orange. Corner of S. Nova Rd. and Herbert St.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Giuseppe’s in port orange
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:56:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brianb860] [#6]
Prima in NSB is really good but not a lot of seating. Nice bar but fills up quickly. There’s a place in South Daytona called Dough Bros that is an OK takeout spot. Jet’s in Port Orange if you’re into Detroit pizza. They are takeout only too.

I really hope you aren’t coming here for the pizza. Giuseppe’s is probably the most popular pizza spot in Volusia. The restaurant is nice but the pizza is overrated and the people that work there act like they’re doing you a favor by letting you eat it.

Bronx House in Port Orange and Ormond is pretty popular too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Marcos.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By snackgunner:
Went to Pete’s Pizza
Was very good
View Quote

Glad Pete's is still there. I haven't been there since I left the area like 30 years ago.

A couple other favorites of mine in the area are Stavros and Genoveses.

Guiseppes has been around a long time. It's good and has become very popular. As mentioned already they have gotten pretty uppity since building their new location. I've heard that from many friends. Shame because lots of us were regulars 40 years ago.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Stavros Pizza.....blast from the part! Ate many of their pizzas when we lived right down the road from the one that used to be at Nova and Spruce Creek Rd 40 years ago when we lived in Port Orange and the one down on Beach St. when we lived at the south end of Beach street (what used to be River Run apartments on the river). Good times!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By avmech:
Stavros Pizza.....blast from the part! Ate many of their pizzas when we lived right down the road from the one that used to be at Nova and Spruce Creek Rd 40 years ago when we lived in Port Orange and the one down on Beach St. when we lived at the south end of Beach street (what used to be River Run apartments on the river). Good times!!
View Quote

Best of times sir.

I'm glad we still have a Stavros in NSB. Albertos (excellent, from Edgewater) opened up a second location where the old Stavros was at Spruce Creek and Nova.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RiverSwine45:

Albertos (excellent, from Edgewater) opened up a second location where the old Stavros was at Spruce Creek and Nova.
View Quote

Not sure if it's the same owners, but there's an Alberto's on 44 in NSB as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By brianb860:

Not sure if it's the same owners, but there's an Alberto's on 44 in NSB as well.
View Quote

I did not know that. Could possibly be the same family. Good luck to them. They have a captive audience on the weekends, 44 is a parking lot from the beach to I-95. It's turning into the new downtown out there, samsula will be swallowed up.

I was hesitant to mention a place that made a pretty dang good pizza because it was always packed. Looks like they closed up so it doesn't matter much anymore but Downwinds café at the spruce creek fly-in had really good food and always busy. Closed now doesn't make much sense.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JThompson:

Did try a new place near Titusville if you happen to head down that way. Actually very good if in the area. No need to drive out of your way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
Was great if you like NY style.

Which one? The one on Garden or the other one on 50? Both are good two different styles of making the pies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AR18:

Which one? The one on Garden or the other one on 50? Both are good two different styles of making the pies.
View Quote

Ferreri's Pizza, on 50 near 95
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:52:38 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Ferreris is good. I want to try I think Steve-Os in PSJ.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Best of times sir.

I'm glad we still have a Stavros in NSB. Albertos (excellent, from Edgewater) opened up a second location where the old Stavros was at Spruce Creek and Nova.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By avmech:

Best of times sir.

Albertos is choice with Stavros in second place.

There was a really good place in South Daytona run by a Lebanese immigrant and gus Italian wife, but that place is gone now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Ferreris is good. I want to try I think Steve-Os in PSJ.
View Quote

That is down near Canaveral Groves.
Let me know what you think about it compared to Ferreri's.

Bizzaro's near the railroad tracks in Pt. St Johns is not bad. Large slices.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:22:08 PM EDT
[#18]

That is down near Canaveral Groves.
Let me know what you think about it compared to Ferreri's.

Bizzaro's near the railroad tracks in Pt. St Johns is not bad. Large slices.
View Quote

Hey JT. Will left you know when  try out Steve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top