Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2021 11:00:01 AM EDT
Wife wants to go attempt a semi normal beach vacation but Hawaii is out due to the liberal bullshit with Covid. I mentioned Florida possibly, maybe the Keys or something like that was my thought but not set one any one area. Looking at late March or April sometime. Would like to stay at a nice beach resort with swimming for the kids. Any info on Florida, including areas or places to avoid, is greatly appreciated. UpDATED
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The Keys are nice.  On the panhandle, I'd recommend Destin.  Lots to do for families, nice beaches.  Avoid Pensacola Beach.  Three mile bridge (from Pensacola to the island PB is on, was taken down by Hurricane Sally.  Odds are it won't be repaired by the time you are planning on being here.  In the meantime, there is a long/congested bypass.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wife wants to go attempt a semi normal beach vacation but Hawaii is out due to the liberal bullshit with Covid. I mentioned Florida possibly, maybe the Keys or something like that was my thought but not set one any one area. Looking at late March or April sometime. Would like to stay at a nice beach resort with swimming for the kids. Any info on Florida, including areas or places to avoid, is greatly appreciated.
View Quote

Anna maria island ..... The best.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Keys are nice.  On the panhandle, I'd recommend Destin.  Lots to do for families, nice beaches.  Avoid Pensacola Beach.  Three mile bridge (from Pensacola to the island PB is on, was taken down by Hurricane Sally.  Odds are it won't be repaired by the time you are planning on being here.  In the meantime, there is a long/congested bypass.
View Quote

A woman my wife works mentioned Destin, as her sister lives there, and really liked it when she'd visit, if I recall correctly. The thought of anywhere on the coast and fresh seafood alone has me excited, lol.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Anna Marie Island is good, Siesta Key, Lido Key, Ft. Myers and Naples too. Always South Beach Miami for young live fast crowd. Titusville area is ok if you like space launches. Panama City and Clearwater beaches for spring breakers.
For me if I didn't already live here I would choose the gulf coast (cheaper, more laid back then the Atlantic coast) not too far to drive to the Keys for a day or two.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]
So Destin it is, Miramar Beach area specifically. Gonna be there last week of April. How's the water for swimming during that time frame? Also got any restaurant recommendations?? I love seafood and love to grub period. Don't need fancy just good. 5 days with the wife and kids just chilling on the beach and eating is the plan. But if there's any must see's or to do's I am open to suggestions. Any of you ever head to AZ specifically southeast AZ or Southwest NM, let me know, I can help with recommendations!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top