Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have purchased groceries several times on Sunday and had to leave my beer at the store because it was before 12 on a Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have purchased groceries several times on Sunday and had to leave my beer at the store because it was before 12 on a Sunday.
View Quote

Same.

We shouldn't accept "two hours early."  We should push to rid our state of archaic anti-liberty blue laws completely.  It's still 10 hours later than you should be able to purchase any liquor!
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Same.

We shouldn't accept "two hours early."  We should push to rid our state of archaic anti-liberty blue laws completely.  It's still 10 hours later than you should be able to purchase any liquor!
View Quote

This!

We should be able to buy beer and liquor 24/7/365 at 7/11 anywhere in Texas.  And we should be able to buy a car on Saturday AND Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Same.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.

The alcohol distributors will fight it as will all baptist churches
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And we should be able to buy a car on Saturday AND Sunday.
View Quote

Well just break out the Ouija board and sacrifice some chickens why don't dontcha
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This!

We should be able to buy beer and liquor 24/7/365 at 7/11 anywhere in Texas.  And we should be able to buy a car on Saturday AND Sunday.
View Quote

You can buy a car on Sunday.  Dealerships have to closed on Saturday or Sunday.  At one time it was common to see some open on a Sunday. It was just not that big a day for them it looks like.   Now they should be allowed to be open 7 days if they like but we should also have the ability to buy from the manufacture not a dealership required model.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can buy a car on Sunday.  Dealerships have to closed on Saturday or Sunday.  At one time it was common to see some open on a Sunday. It was just not that big a day for them it looks like.   Now they should be allowed to be open 7 days if they like but we should also have the ability to buy from the manufacture not a dealership required model.
View Quote

What I meant was that dealers should be able to be open BOTH Saturday and Sunday if they want.  If they want to close, say on Tuesday to give people a day off, that should be their perogative.  If they want to be open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, that should be up to them.  If they can get people to work it, they should be able to do whatever they want.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What I meant was that dealers should be able to be open BOTH Saturday and Sunday if they want.  If they want to close, say on Tuesday to give people a day off, that should be their perogative.  If they want to be open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, that should be up to them.  If they can get people to work it, they should be able to do whatever they want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next thing ya know people will want to be able to work without government approval and oversight
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Next thing ya know people will want to be able to work without government approval and oversight
View Quote

Doubt it.  Most Americans would happily give away all their rights if they were offered food stamps.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 2:40:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sad for a state that prides itself on individual freedom.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pretty sad for a state that prides itself on impressions individual freedom.
View Quote

Fitx it.  

Texas is a 2 license plate, state safety inspection state we're guns away from being cali and NY just with all property tax no state income tax
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Doubt it.  Most Americans would happily give away all their rights if they were offered food stamps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was being sarcastic.  Nobody alive today even knows what freedom looks like
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hundreds of thousands of mostly illegal immigrants already work under the table or using false identities in Texas.  So that is nothing new....  Now allowing it legally here?  That would be.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hundreds of thousands of mostly illegal immigrants already work under the table or using false identities in Texas.  So that is nothing new....  Now allowing it legally here?  That would be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Taxpayers aren't allowed to do such things and would get visits from feds with machine guns to prove it
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Fitx it.  

Texas is a 2 license plate, state safety inspection state we're guns away from being cali and NY just with all property tax no state income tax
View Quote

We should get rid of the front plate and safety inspections.  DPS's lobbiests cry like babies every time there is a bill to get rid of them.  I asked one of those guys once after he claimed DPS couldn't do their jobs without front plates if he somehow thought that the troopers in Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas and Louisiana were all more capable than Texas troopers.  Boy did that piss him off.

And the inspections?  What an F-ing joke.  I see so many cars on the road in certain parts of town that obviously wouldn't pass, and I often notice cars in parking lots that sometimes have stickers over 10 years out of date...  Plus the number of perpetual paper plates...  It's a joke.  It only affects the law abiding who would most likely fix their cars anyway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We should get rid of the front plate and safety inspections.  DPS's lobbiests cry like babies every time there is a bill to get rid of them.  I asked one of those guys once after he claimed DPS couldn't do their jobs without front plates if he somehow thought that the troopers in Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas and Louisiana were all more capable than Texas troopers.  Boy did that piss him off.

And the inspections?  What an F-ing joke.  I see so many cars on the road in certain parts of town that obviously wouldn't pass, and I often notice cars in parking lots that sometimes have stickers over 10 years out of date...  Plus the number of perpetual paper plates...  It's a joke.  It only affects the law abiding who would most likely fix their cars anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fitx it.  

Its just the beginning of the minor to major tyranny called .gov
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most will tell you they don't open on Sundays because the banks aren't open then. That said, who finances a car through a bank anymore?
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Most will tell you they don't open on Sundays because the banks aren't open then. That said, who finances a car through a bank anymore?
View Quote

It's BS, because there are a bunch of dealers that are open Sunday and not Saturday, and they have no trouble getting cars financed.  There are only about a dozen states besides Texas that still have this archaic blue law.  In all the other states they don't seem to find it a problem either.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top