Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2024 7:58:31 PM EDT
I have a WOA 16" stainless barrel id like to get bead blasted but cant seem to find anyone that wants to do it.
Ive gotten quotes for $60-$100 which seems crazy for about 10 min worth of work.

Ive already emailed the two most popular service providers recommended and one didn't respond at all and the other was the $60 quote. The $100 one was a shop in McKinney that wants $100/hr with 1hr min
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
good luck
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ROMAD-556:
I have a WOA 16" stainless barrel id like to get bead blasted but cant seem to find anyone that wants to do it.
Ive gotten quotes for $60-$100 which seems crazy for about 10 min worth of work.

Ive already emailed the two most popular service providers recommended and one didn't respond at all and the other was the $60 quote. The $100 one was a shop in McKinney that wants $100/hr with 1hr min
View Quote

Who was the shop in McKinney ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure if it's a regular service of theirs, but Darrell at Lakeview Pawn in The Colony blasted a couple of items for me several years ago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, $60 sounds like a good deal.

I don’t have a dedicated shop, so when I want to sand blast I have to get my blast cabinet out of the shed, move crap around in the garage, hook up the air compressor and shop vac, and after 20 minutes worth of work I haven’t even started blasting.

Oh, and the muzzle has to be plugged and the barrel extension taped so it doesn’t get blasted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top