Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2020 2:04:06 PM EDT
I don't usually start threads, but I wanted to wish my law-abiding citizens here in California and throughout the nation to stay safe and be prepared during this crazy time.

Where I live in SoCal is a very residential settings, so not a prime target for looters, and peaceful protesting for that matter.  That being said, you never know, so I've taken some precautionary steps.

Take care, and we'll ride this out together safely.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Head on a swivel, eyes open,  don't get complacent.  I'm out in the burbs, 25 miles east of Oakland, nothing could ever happen here, right?  Last night the mob got to within 15 miles of home, looting and burning.  Saw reports here in GD that they are hitting homes.  Lots of local chatter that it's coming.  We'll see.   I am worried about my son, his work takes him all over the east bay.  He knows what's up and has a plan.  But I still worry.  It doesn't take much to block a freeway.  

I know it ain't gonna' happen.  But...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing I saw looked remotely reliable about them hitting homes.  Won't say it didn't but the thread I saw didn't leap out as very solid.  We had a demonstration, so to speak, here in Chino Hills, near the civic center and shopping area but apparently all they did was make noise.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing I saw looked remotely reliable about them hitting homes.  Won't say it didn't but the thread I saw didn't leap out as very solid.  We had a demonstration, so to speak, here in Chino Hills, near the civic center and shopping area but apparently all they did was make noise.
View Quote

What time?
I got in around 4:30 PM from fishing, and seen a few cruisers off 71.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Alameda county has a county wide curfew in place starting tonight at 2000 hrs through 0500 hrs.  Just got a call on my phone.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ll be in San Fran and Oakland tomorrow.  Should be fun.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I am in AZ but listen to Levin on KSFO.

Sounds like 101 is shut down on 101 at University between EPA and Palo Alto. Both directions.

If they march into downtown PA...

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe I should join Antifa just to get their protest plans, dates, times, locations and other intel.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What time?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What time?

Peyton and Grand, I guess.  Maybe mid afternoon?  Wife mentioned it but don't recall details.  Maybe 200-250 sign wavers?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Head on a swivel, eyes open,  don't get complacent.  I'm out in the burbs, 25 miles east of Oakland, nothing could ever happen here, right?  Last night the mob got to within 15 miles of home, looting and burning.  Saw reports here in GD that they are hitting homes.  Lots of local chatter that it's coming.  We'll see.   I am worried about my son, his work takes him all over the east bay.  He knows what's up and has a plan.  But I still worry.  It doesn't take much to block a freeway.  

I know it ain't gonna' happen.  But...
View Quote

If it comes down to discharging, or just exhibiting a weapon in defense of home and loved ones, ALL your devices better be California compliant and legal within the state laws.

Just saying...
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If it comes down to discharging, or just exhibiting a weapon in defense of home and loved ones, ALL your devices better be California compliant and legal within the state laws.

Just saying...
View Quote

+100

Also, brandishing is a crime in itself.  If your firearms come out, it has to be in response to what you perceive to be a deadly/dangerous threat.  If they come out, it should only be in response to a threat in which their use would be justified.

Anything other than that is bad for YOU and bad for firearms owners, everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems there is a protest close to my alternate dog walking route.  OK. I better avoid that.  The first thing they probably did was lock up the public toilets.  The dog can pee where ever he wants, they don't appreciate it when I do.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:14:37 AM EDT
[#12]
After the last 8 days of rioting, I am reminded of the events forming the back drop for the movie "Dr. Zhivago".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top