Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2024 10:20:55 PM EDT
March 28 to General Public

"Orange County’s first Bass Pro Shops’ Outdoor World is opening at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 27 in Irvine.

A ceremony Wednesday is invite-only, with the full store opening Thursday to the public.

The outfitter known for its cavernous shop of all-things outdoorsy has been working around the clock to convert a shuttered Walmart Supercenter into a giant lodge.

Shoppers and motorists along Technology Drive and the 5 freeway in Irvine have likely been watching the progress for nearly two years now. The Walmart closed in 2021. A year later in February 2022, property owner Irvine Co. said it had scored a new tenant for the sprawling space. Bass Pro was expected by early 2023, the landlord said at the time.

In recent months, peaked roofs appeared atop the building at 71 Technology Drive, and just weeks ago, enormous oval signs proclaiming Bass Pro Outdoor World were raised front and back.

The 140,000-square-foot Outdoor World will tout and experience like few others in retail. The typical Outdoor World opens to a soaring clerestory decorated with wildlife dioramas in front of murals of local destinations. Myriad aisles will be packed with apparel, gadgets, tools, shoes, ATVs, boats and trailers for fishing, camping, hiking and hunting enthusiasts."

Years ago Karens at Irvine passed a law prohibiting gun stores in Irvine, so it'll probably be an oversized Dick's/REI.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary yesterday at Fogo de Chao at The Spectrum, and I saw the new Bass Pro Shop as we were pulling on to the 5 from Alton.

I figured they wouldn't have any firearms available. I'll probably check it out in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Do they sell guns or ammo?

Turners needs competition
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top