Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2017 8:02:18 AM EDT
Anyone know a local shop in the DC metro area that can handle a few (3 or 4) threading projects?
I could ship them any number of places, but would rather support the local shops.
I'm in MoCo if that makes a difference, and don't mind a drive. (So Baltimore is not out of the question.)

Any experiences, lead times, or rough pricing would be great if you wouldn't mind sharing that info as well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Ed Harren, Harren's Custom Rifles in Ijamsville, would do a nice job for you.

Another decent shop not too far is Drew Walter, WAR Rifles in Manassas Park.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
I left messages with both last night.. so we'll see.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure if they do threading, but Engage Armament in Rockville and Hanover Armory near Arundel Mills might help you out.  Both have done engraving for me, and both provided top notch service.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wondering who you decided to use?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Hey bud!

Gonna go with Harren's.
But i haven't dropped anything off just yet as i have turned this into a 6 gun project..

Thread all the things!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not sure if they do threading, but Engage Armament in Rockville and Hanover Armory near Arundel Mills might help you out.  Both have done engraving for me, and both provided top notch service.
View Quote
careful with Hanover Armory, they fucked up a simple threading job for me.  I will say though they went out of their way to make it right.  After speaking with other gunsmiths in the area, i might not have been the only one to have problems.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey bud!

Gonna go with Harren's.
But i haven't dropped anything off just yet as i have turned this into a 6 gun project..

Thread all the things!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey bud!

Gonna go with Harren's.

Thread all the things!!
I need a couple of barrels threaded too, what does he charge?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#8]
LC - Wow - I dropped the ball here.  Didn't get back on this after asking a question.  I think you made a good choice.  Ed Harren built a few rifles for me over the years.  I had good experiences with him.  In fact the only thing I did "wrong" in having him build my rifles was that I didn't get the barrels threaded.  That's on me though.  I hope you have a good result with Ed too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top