Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2019 9:54:05 AM EDT
It's been about 7 years since we had last visited the MOA.  We only go when we have out of state visitors who want to see it.

We had out of state guests on this past Tuesday and made the trip per their desires.  We parked in the west lot and entered thru the west entrance.  There were no "firearms banned here" signs like there were posted in the past.

I didn't check any of the other entrances.  Are all the signs gone?

I did go back a bit here and didn't find a recent thread on this topic...could have used wrong search terms.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#1]
About a year ago I asked a cop patrolling inside the MOA about it and he claimed everything from the parking lot to the mall itself was private property and that carrying was a no no. I don't know if he's correct or not, but that's what they believe to be true.

*edit
I guess in '99 the MN supreme court ruled that the MOA is indeed private property.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About a year ago I asked a cop patrolling inside the MOA about it and he claimed everything from the parking lot to the mall itself was private property and that carrying was a no no. I don't know if he's correct or not, but that's what they believe to be true.

*edit
I guess in '99 the MN supreme court ruled that the MOA is indeed private property.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

*edit
But they're also a landlord, and therefore aren't supposed to be able to ban guns from the premises, but good luck arguing that one. Concealed is concealed has always worked for me when I get dragged to that shithole.

(f) A landlord may not restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/624.714#stat.624.714.17
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, there used to be a no guns sign directly on the doors, but they moved them to a lighted sign on the wall next to the doors. At least, that where it was the last time I was there.

I don't think those signs work, though. I carried a gun right past it and kept on walking...
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
None of the signs are legal nor can their attempted ban be legally enforced but if you wish to enter where there aren't any signs, LL Bean's entrance isn't posted.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't matter if they have signs. You can carry at moa until you get asked to leave.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: I don't think those signs work, though. I carried a gun right past it and kept on walking...
View Quote
Bingo. Keep it concealed and carry on.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
There right now, lighted signs between the sets of doors but off to the side.  Not legally posted, but concealed is concealed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top