Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2021 2:28:02 PM EDT
Mines delayed, according to IL Carry others have been delayed since the 11th/Pending.

Sure sucks...
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one pending as well - FFL did the check on Friday (7/16) and it's still delayed.  WTF??
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one pending as well - FFL did the check on Friday (7/16) and it's still delayed.  WTF??
View Quote

I heard some people have had theirs pending since the 11th
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine pending since the 9th. When does the 30 days expire? The days the check is good for?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't there something that says if they can't find reason to deny your purchase in a specific time period, they have to let you move forward?  Or am I mixing up the eligibility for concealed carry cards?  Making law abiding citizens wait longer than 3 days (when the IL law is set at 3 days for a handgun) seems illegal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Isn't there something that says if they can't find reason to deny your purchase in a specific time period, they have to let you move forward?  Or am I mixing up the eligibility for concealed carry cards?  Making law abiding citizens wait longer than 3 days (when the IL law is set at 3 days for a handgun) seems illegal.
View Quote

Thats federal. State of IL, it must have a proceed or no go.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's federal. State of IL, it must have a proceed or no go.
View Quote

Thanks - I had a feeling I mixed that up somehow.  I'm going on a week as of tomorrow with no response, and my FFL has over 100 guns in his safe from others who are "pending" right now.  There's no way to reach anyone at the ISP that will pick up the phone.  This is bullshit.  There can't possibly be the same level of activity right now as there was during the protests and riots last year, and yet they can't process the background checks?
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh. Neat. Bought a stripped lower on Monday and now just saw this...
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh. Neat. Bought a stripped lower on Monday and now just saw this...
View Quote

On day 4
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
14 days still "pending".

[Added] Finally approved- July 24.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

On day 4
View Quote

Guy told me "a couple days after 72 hours" about delays but the last two times someone told me that at a different gun store, came back approved ~24 hours so I just brushed it off. Silly me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#11]
The state of Illinois adopted a new L.E.A.D.S. program and it has been causing delays the past two weeks.  Local and state police working in our area have difficulty completing simple tasks, such as registration checks due to the software issues.

L.E.A.D.S. interacts with NCIC and other LE databases and if L.E.A.D.S. is not working correctly, everything gets balled up.

As usual, whenever a government agency adopts a new computer program or updated software, there are growing pains.  It's not like the private sector, it is a lot more painful to get government purchased software straightened out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The state of Illinois adopted a new L.E.A.D.S. program and it has been causing delays the past two weeks.  Local and state police working in our area have difficulty completing simple tasks, such as registration checks due to the software issues.

L.E.A.D.S. interacts with NCIC and other LE databases and if L.E.A.D.S. is not working correctly, everything gets balled up.

As usual, whenever a government agency adopts a new computer program or updated software, there are growing pains.  It's not like the private sector, it is a lot more painful to get government purchased software straightened out.
View Quote

Better late than never I guess. But that is just typical. They rolled out something new and have multiple issues.

The fact they were using LEADS 2000 until 2021 was sad. It had the GUI of Windows 95/2000 LMFAO.

So glad I walked away from that career.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Does this have anything to do with FOID renewals being out a year and a half with no action?
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does this have anything to do with FOID renewals being out a year and a half with no action?
View Quote

No.  The information I received is that there are two FOID systems running, the old system and the new system that came on line this year.  Applications submitted to the old system are chugging through slowly.  Two other retired guys I meet for coffee renewed their FOID this year and received their cards in a reasonable amount of time.  One submitted his online application in April of 2021 and received the new FOID 5 weeks later.  One submitted his online application on June 5, 2021, and received his new FOID on June 30, 2021.

If your application was submitted to the old system, expect to wait.  Another individual who received his new FOID in April of 2021, told me he submitted his application in April of 2020.  The issue date on his new FOID was 10 days prior to his receiving the card in the mail.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Just for information sake, my BGC finally went through and picked up my lower on lunch. 72 hours + an extra 4 days.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine finally cleared last night
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Finally picked up my Vickers 1911 today.  10 days in jail from the date my FFL called me in until possession.  Gotta love Illinois!
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#18]
A right delayed is a right denied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top