Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 3:10:59 PM EDT
Just imagine the worst gun bill you could possibly think of and you will have BR 349. This bill includes all of the restrictions/prohibitions that gun grabbers have ever thought they would like to have. You would just be better off throwing all of your guns in the Ohio River. The good part is that it has zero chance of passing. What we have to worry about is a compromise that only passes parts of it. Even that would be disastrous but it is also very unlikely to happen. This is a good indication of the thinking done by our enemies. This is what they dream of accomplishing and what they would do unless we fight against it. They are making progress slowly every year and even though it is very unlikely that they can pass anything like this right now. Their constituencies are limited to mostly Jefferson and Fayette Cos. but gun-friendly legislators that used to be in those counties have been replaced by rabid gun haters. We need to reverse the trends and move to restore our rights instead of just fighting to hold the line. We now have a virtual stalemate were we can block their bills and they can block ours. Five years ago, nobody would have bothered to sponsor a bill like this. It would be a waste of time. Now, it is a appeasement to their voters and they hope something sticks. They will be heroes to the people that vote for them and a reason for others to join that group. It is not for this year. It is for 10 years down the road. It needs to be stopped NOW. We are slowly losing ground.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/19RS/prefiled/BR349.htm If you want to see the entire bill, just click the bill number "BR 349" in the upper lefthand corner. I'd advise you not to do that. It is a long bill and it will make you sick. The summary is bad enough.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You are correct, the summary was bad enough. I think I need to start getting more involved.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow. This is bad. Thanks softpoint.

Though I had to laugh (in a macabre way) at Section 21: an emergency exists.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
That type of bill has been introduced by liberals from either Lexington or Louisville every year going back at least 10 years.  The bill never goes anywhere because there is no real support for it.  However, the legislators are changing and becoming more liberal.

Meeks has one that would eliminate home built guns.  http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/19RS/prefiled/BR285.htm
to define "additive manufacturing" and "major firearm component"; ...to criminalize the possession of a firearm made using additive manufacturing technology

What I want to see put in place are protection bills, ie put in protections for gun owners now while the votes come easy.  Sure it won't be a permanent protection but those protections would exist until the liberals take both majorities.  For example a prohibition on any entity at any level in the state from passing an ammo tax.  We don't have to worry about an ammo tax now but lets put it in writing that one shouldn't exist, creating another hurdle to prevent/delay it in the future.  Lexington likes to add extra fees, permits, and inspections for gun related businesses.  It's time to get limits put into the state law so that if a hard core liberal took over Lexington they couldn't raise all the fees and permits to the point of running the businesses out of town.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow. This is bad. Thanks softpoint.

Though I had to laugh (in a macabre way) at Section 21: an emergency exists.
View Quote
Any bill can have an emergency clause in it. It only means that the bill, if passed, will take effect immediately upon signing by the Governor. Most bills take effect on the same day, 90 days after the closing of the legislative session, which is usually some day in July. This is part of the Ky. constitution. The emergency clause allows them to bypass this constitutional mandate. Every year, the Attorney General issues an opinion and actually counts the days to establish when that year's bills become effective. The General Assembly can also delay the effective date of a bill. That was done when KRS 65.870 was passed and it was delayed six months to give all of those agencies affected time to research their records and "repeal, rescind or amend to comply". Here is a link to this year's opinion about the date that non-emergency bills from the 2018 session will take effect.
OAG18-007

Seems like a lot of paperwork and lawyer's pay just to count days from 1 to 90. With a little practise, I could probably learn to do that myself.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Yet another reminder that we can never give up the fight, as those that hate freedom will never give up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Amen.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Late to the party, but came to post about this.  Contact your legislators and let them know how you feel about this!  Here’s a link to find out who they are.

https://www.270towin.com/elected-officials/
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top