Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2022 4:26:07 AM EDT
My wife suggested we take some Brazilian JiuJitsu classes. I know there are a few different gyms in the CDA area - does anyone have experience or recommendations with the area's offerings?

If the wife is enthusiastic about this, I want to pursue it, but I want the best experience for both of us.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Derek Cleveland at Iron Lion and Trevor Prangley at AKA are the two big gyms in the CDA area.  Some co workers of mine go to Iron Lion and seem to get along good with Derek.  I heard he's mellowed some in the last few years.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Any recommendations for someone decent in the spokane area that has a kids program?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I train at Trevor’s in Hayden. I have been in this gym for the past 4 years, and I am enjoying it immensely.

I am a 54 year old blue belt.

We have a strong kids program too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I train at Trevor’s in Hayden. I have been in this gym for the past 4 years, and I am enjoying it immensely.

View Quote

I train at AKA with ^ that guy. Love the gym, people are fantastic, a solid number of ladies that train there as well. It would be a great place for you guys to drop in and see how it fits for you!
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any recommendations for someone decent in the spokane area that has a kids program?
View Quote

I believe Warrior Camp would be a good gym for you to check out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
My 4 year old is at Sparta Academy in CDA right now. It’s been mostly hit and miss but that’s because he can’t pay attention long enough yet and not necessarily the fault of the coaches.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I train at AKA with ^ that guy. Love the gym, people are fantastic, a solid number of ladies that train there as well. It would be a great place for you guys to drop in and see how it fits for you!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's definitely out of the way for us, but maybe we can drop the kid off at grandma's before heading over. My wife is working 12+ x6 for the next month, but we'll stop by late May/early June.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top