Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2018 7:30:41 PM EDT
Are autos or assisted openers legal to carry in NV? Specifically Las Vegas(attending SHOT '19)

Thx,
Eric
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#1]
No Auto's in Vegas.
assisted is fine, but under 3" blade or it can not be concealed

The Palazzo, and i would assume the Venetian and Sands Expo or posted no weapons.  The sign carry no weight of lay, yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be surprised if the sands security would bother to enforce something like that at all during a show. Don't want to jeopardize your future hosting of a show that brings in millions in business.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:53:41 AM EDT
[#3]
With todays bullshit climate, they will enforce.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:17:13 AM EDT
[#4]
How is the length of the blade actually measured?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I was told I couldn’t be in the Hard Rock with a Swiss Army knife with a blade length less than an inch. One freaking inch.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was told I couldn’t be in the Hard Rock with a Swiss Army knife with a blade length less than an inch. One freaking inch.
View Quote
Probably because the retarded brits from virgin now own the hard rock. Knives are dangerous don’t ya know?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to Barrett-Jackson a year ago at the Mandalay.  Security was tight, wouldn't let me bring in my Benchmade.  My son walked back to the car to put mine and his away.  We go inside, and there's a vendor selling high end automatics.  You could buy and pocket it inside.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah we here in 'L.A. North' (Las Vegas) have to be subjected to Los Angeles style knife laws but for some reason stores can sell knives that are to the best of my knowledge, illegal, here in Clark County.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah we here in 'L.A. North' (Las Vegas) have to be subjected to Los Angeles style knife laws but for some reason stores can sell knives that are to the best of my knowledge, illegal, here in Clark County.
View Quote
don't quote me but as I understand it....

Nevada legalized Auto knifes a few years ago state wide. Unfortunately, preemption for the knife law failed. Clark country, outlawed CARRYING auto's many years ago. The Clark country law as I understand it, only covers carrying, not ownership. At the time the Clark county law was written, state law prevented ownership for Nevadan's. Clark county, only wanted to stop out of state folks from carrying legal in their state autos when visiting...

So, If I'm right, you can now own an Auto knife in Clark but can not carry it...
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I did some research on this issue a few years ago and it does not appear there are any knife laws in Clark except you cannot conceal a blade over 3 inch echoes and you cannot display a blad in public. I do not believe there are any specific laws regarding switchblades other than those that apply to knives in general.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I did some research on this issue a few years ago and it does not appear there are any knife laws in Clark except you cannot conceal a blade over 3 inch echoes and you cannot display a blad in public. I do not believe there are any specific laws regarding switchblades other than those that apply to knives in general.
View Quote
I went backed and looked too, and can't find the old code we used to reference stating no auto's in Clark county.  I'll have to spend some more time researching.  Maybe we can have auto's under 3" in Vegas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top