Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:32:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Austin is further screwed
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
ZFG
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Austin continues to get exactly what it votes for.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bud:
Austin continues to get exactly what it votes for.
View Quote

This is true.  I am in Travco but outside the Austin city limits...  so I don't even get a vote on any of this shit.  Not that it would matter because 80+% of Travco voters are far lefties who do indeed vote for the kind of city council who would hire a loser like this guy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Failed City Managers just bounce around Texas.

Each city thinking it will be different this time.

Insanity.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
They only had 3 applicants for the job to begin with and one withdrew.  I love how days before they were talking about his issue of Dallas mayor trying to push him out the last 2 years being a concern and then after they selected him they avoided answering questions about it when a reporter asked. Also found it interesting when he was doing local media prior to them making a selection he was asked about having to work with a challenging Austin city council and one of his comments was he could hire anyone he wanted as it wasn't up to them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

But do they even deserve a break?  I'm thinking no.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Dog:

But do they even deserve a break?  I'm thinking no.
View Quote

No!  The libtard voters in Travco have done this to themselves... AGAIN!

And the sad thing is most of them don't realize what they have done and therefore will do it to themselves...  AGAIN!

They're fucking stupid sometimes...  There are a couple on Nextdoor that any time the fuckups by LOCAL officials are pointed out, they blame Trump...  Uh... WTF?  How does he have ANYTHING to do with a local Austin issue...  Especially shit that has gotten WORSE since Biden took office...  But they just call anyone who disagrees with them a Trumper and somehow that vindicates any stupidity on their part...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#9]
When you use words just to use words.

"Going back to the table to figure out the appropriate scope of services that everybody can agree to for the diagnostic that was supposed to be done on our homeless ecosystem to make sure we get that right," he said.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#10]
My father once taught me...  the more words a person uses, the more likely they are lying.  

It wasn't until a few years ago that I realized how correct he was.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#11]
There are two types of city managers: thems that been fired and thems that will be fired.

With apologies to the great Bum Phillips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top