Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2023 2:17:00 PM EDT
https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=54916

According to the link, the address for the company goes to a poorly kept, single story residence.  The company hired for environmental cleanup has no other address, no visible equipment, no clients, no website, etc.  The company, P Squared LLC, is one of three companies to win a portion of a $20 million contract for cleaning up the homeless encampments the city council's policies have created.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Honk Honk!
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

According to the link, the address for the company goes to a poorly kept, single story residence.  The company hired for environmental cleanup has no other address, no visible equipment, no clients, no website, etc.  The company, P Squared LLC, is one of three companies to win a portion of a $20 million contract for cleaning up the homeless encampments the city council's policies have created.
View Quote

Yeah...something not right about that.  I did vendor evaluation for HazWaste disposal/Env cleanup for my past employer.  We were also looking for daily cleanup of the mess the homeless would leave. Our RFBs required the bidder to disclose equipment, number of employees, location of facilities, insurance, etc...  If the bidder didn't include all the info, the bid was disqualified.

mm
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Woman owned business? Check!

Minority owned business? Check!

"Economically Disadvantaged" neighborhood? - Check!

Can they actually do the job?  Stop being a woman hating racist!!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Clean up like that only requires a couple of cans of gas and a lighter.  You don't need a fancy building for that....  Just saying.

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I have no doubt that all the money Austin spends on homeless issues is rife with graft.  From buying over priced hotels to stuff like this.  Millions upon millions spent yet the problem has not gotten better.  There is a reason they fought hard to get that audit proposal rejected by voters a few years back.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#6]
There are pretty much NO requirements for just about all homeless contracts/grants in Austin and no auditing.   Just apply.  That guy that mounted a washing machine and water tank to a Harbor Freight trailer so the homeless could wash clothes got something like 700K.

This specific one I'm curious about,  just about every city agency has a homeless cleanup contractor already.  The Parks dept has the biggest I think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top