Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2024 9:34:18 PM EDT
Is it time for us to write our Governor urging him to lend support to the state of Texas?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
No. It’s time to urge the government to do it fucken job. I see YouTube videos of the government cutting all the barbed wire the Texas guard put up. Can’t get anywhere fighting with your own side
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd be happy if he started enforcing the employment laws- no jobs, no benefits, they'll leave.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
I'd be happy if he started enforcing the employment laws- no jobs, no benefits, they'll leave.  
View Quote

This.

Starve them out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:10:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#4]
Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:

This.

Starve them out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:

This.

Starve them out.

Realistically it's the only real solution as we know they're not going to physically haul them off even though other countries do it.  At this point there's far too many of them here for them to fly them out.  If I'm being honest, I'm black pilled on this issue and think things have gone too far at this point and there's not going to be any reversing this.  I wouldn't be surprised if Biden pulled some sort of amnesty shenanigans, especially if he loses the (s)election- he's got nothing to lose, he's senile and nobody is going to hold him accountable for anything- if he were called on it the dems would say he's got dementia, show some of the clips the media doesn't and everyone would have to agree that he's not in any condition to be making decisions (it's painfully obvious when you watch independent media and see that he mumbles and slurs, makes up words and rarely puts together more than one coherent sentence in a row), but they wouldn't reverse it despite that.  

Every country I've ever worked in or traveled in- except the US- I can recall seeing people at the airports being deported. Australia and Malaysia was very easy to spot as there was always two customs/BP people standing with them with the deportee's deportation paperwork in their hands.  When it was boarding time, they'd hand the paperwork to the gate attendant who'd check it, the customs people would walk the person down the gangway and hand the paperwork to the flight attendant to be handed off to the receiving country's people, them come back and stand at the gateway to make sure that the person didn't try to get off the plane.  It wasn't until the plane physically rolled away from the gateway that they'd leave.  Similarly I've seen them standing at a gate waiting to receive someone who was being sent back; sometimes they were walked off, sometime they were placed in cuffs and walked off.  They took illegal immigration very seriously.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I am on board. I mean, I knew there was an issue with skilled guys getting pushed out by 'immigrants', but having started travelling to the job sites a lot of my projects end up being installed at, 40% of the people working there don't speak english.

these are not small companies either. these are projects for multi billion dollar international companies.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Get rid of income tax, increase sales tax to offset...this would make illegals pay more taxes....

send more money back to the cities and counties

State employees are getting 20%raises and no local areas can match that
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#7]
they should tax all money transfers out of the country at 30%

that will be a huge impact on business that is offshore and pay no tax, immigrants who siphon off our taxes and many other things
money made here needs to be taxed here.
period

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Taxing money transfers from illegals is one thing, but I'm not keen on citizens or those with valid visas being taxed to send money to family or friends overseas.  I realize that it means some of the illegals will just get citizens or people with valid visas to send the money for them, but there are a lot of people living here legally who shouldn't have to pay additional taxes to our crooked government.  Cutting off the illegals source of income so they don't have the money to send it in the first place is a better option.  As I said above, there are far too many of them to actually fly them all out, but they will self deport if they can't make money and the benefits are cut off.  The fines for any employer knowingly employing illegals needs to be painful, like a serious percentage of their profits per illegal for the first offense and personal prosecution of the actual people involved in the hiring process; second offenses need to be extreme, up to and including revoke their business licenses and jail time for the HR types who aren't doing their due diligence.  If we can do it for things like HIPAA violations we can do it for this.  The push back from government agencies who are profiting off this problem would be epic- but it'd give folks an idea of how deeply entrenched this cancer is in our own government and those in positions of power and how many agencies need to be dismantled.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Hate to say it... because I am against it...  but when they switch to a "cashless" society they(gubment) will be able to track every cent through electronic transfers. we are close to that now... how many people actually use cash anymore? then will come the special verified Gov ID to prove who you are, you won't be able to bank without it...

call it conspiracy call it crazy say it'll never happen ...whatever... sit back and watch.

it's just one way of several to separate legal from illegal folks... it will be up to the legal folks to prove who they are, not the other way around.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gunwolf:
Hate to say it... because I am against it...  but when they switch to a "cashless" society they(gubment) will be able to track every cent through electronic transfers. we are close to that now... how many people actually use cash anymore? then will come the special verified Gov ID to prove who you are, you won't be able to bank without it...

call it conspiracy call it crazy say it'll never happen ...whatever... sit back and watch.

it's just one way of several to separate legal from illegal folks... it will be up to the legal folks to prove who they are, not the other way around.
View Quote

We're fast approaching that now as the powers that be push CBDC, banks report and deny purchases, etc.  Sadly most folks are too lazy and/or stupid to realize the implications, or care.  The Canadian trucker's debacle ought to have been a wake up to everyone, instead few people know the evils that Castro's bastard perpetrated (even though a court has recently ruled that what he did was illegal, it remains to be seen if anything will actually be done- doubtful).  We already know most folks will comply with government if you frighten them a bit....  
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#11]
Originally Posted By staringback05:
Get rid of income tax, increase sales tax to offset...this would make illegals pay more taxes....

send more money back to the cities and counties

State employees are getting 20%raises and no local areas can match that
View Quote

Source?  Something like this would be all over the news.  They got a 5% last year and that was a record number. I spent 29 years as a state employee and the biggest ever from the legislature in that time was 3%.
And I will add, even if there was a 20% bump, most state employees would still be below what the open job market pays.
Why did I stay? Because I retired at 59 with full medical benefits. I could have retired a couple years earlier, but the wife was a little jealous. I bought in a couple years to the system.
Newer Class C employees won’t have it as easy. Age and years of service have to equal 90.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I understand why traditional pensions are going away. What I don’t understand is why anyone would agree to be a class C employee. The trade off used to be, less money now for a defined benefit later. Now, it’s less money now for an unknown later. It seems like that makes the private sector a lot more appealing. At least you’ll have more money to invest.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By rock71:
I understand why traditional pensions are going away. What I don’t understand is why anyone would agree to be a class C employee. The trade off used to be, less money now for a defined benefit later. Now, it’s less money now for an unknown later. It seems like that makes the private sector a lot more appealing. At least you’ll have more money to invest.
View Quote

They are also offering an optional 401k instead of the State Retirement System plan.  Easier to move on later and carry it with you.  The big sell now (besides difficult to get fired) is the health benefits.  Something like $350 a month for family plan, $225 a month for employee and spouse.  
Also, depending on the position, regular and steady hours with annual leave and sick leave.  It benefited us as a young family back in the day because I was 7-4:30 M-F and the wife bounced around working shifts where we didn’t need to rely on full time daycare and changed up and played with management positions, home business, etc.  If kids were sick, it was usually me staying home with them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: staringback05] [#14]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:

Source?  Something like this would be all over the news.  They got a 5% last year and that was a record number. I spent 29 years as a state employee and the biggest ever from the legislature in that time was 3%.
And I will add, even if there was a 20% bump, most state employees would still be below what the open job market pays.
Why did I stay? Because I retired at 59 with full medical benefits. I could have retired a couple years earlier, but the wife was a little jealous. I bought in a couple years to the system.
Newer Class C employees won’t have it as easy. Age and years of service have to equal 90.
View Quote

My source are the two troopers that live near me and the dozens of officers I've had leave to go to schp, sled, djj, etc

An experienced new trooper can make high 60s now. Usc pd can make between 60 and 70k

Starting pay at most local agencies is generally 45k to 55k, even if experienced.

The state ends up with way more revenue than a local agency could ever dream of. We're not the only state with a major imbalance, some states provide stipends to local officers because of the huge disparity between local and state
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#15]

My source are the two troopers that live near me and the dozens of officers I've had leave to go to schp, sled, djj, etc

An experienced new trooper can make high 60s now. Usc pd can make between 60 and 70k

Starting pay at most local agencies is generally 45k to 55k, even if experienced.

The state ends up with way more revenue than a local agency could ever dream of. We're not the only state with a major imbalance, some states provide stipends to local officers because of the huge disparity between local and state
View Quote

That’s not a “state pay raise” per se.  That’s individual departments given funds to use at their discretion. USC always had more funding due to research grants and getting to try out new toys.  I personally know the Chief/Vice President of Law Enforcement at USC.  
Richland County is shit on by county council with funding.  
But state departments have been fighting to get the legislature to bring all salaries across the board up to a competitive number. Unfortunately of they tried, it would be a huge hit to the budget if they did everyone.
Honestly, the Republican legislators have historically not been good for state employees. We were very happy how they came to a resolution years back (in conjunction with Haley in agreement) with a health insurance increase and passed the bill. Nikki Haley line item vetoed it and tried to hand that responsibly over to the SB&CB.  
That cost the taxpayers $$$ since it had to go before the SCSSC where they bitch slapped her.
But somewhere, and I forget right now, there is a published list of starting salaries for every position in the state.  It would be interesting to see where those state LE agencies are sitting at the base rate vs, what they are paying.

I know at USC it’s department dependent what they pay for starting salaries. Ex: Cheap fuckers I worked for had an opening for an inventory control/receiving manager.  We were one of the biggest purchasers on campus.
Same exact position in the Pharmacy department was starting $14k higher and they move a slight portion of inventory through that the IT/Classroom technology group does.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:57:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: staringback05] [#16]
Even if it's individual departments, it's majority portion of law enforcement...which affects me

I'm not aware of any local size agencies that can compete with the state

Dps and sled in particular got upgrades, even Doc which has for the most part been paid garbage is paying alot more now

At the end of the day there's a big difference in pay now between le local and state. Local agencies are no longer losing guys to other local, but mainly to the state and it's mainly because of money. It will show eventually because the talent drop local agencies are having to hire if they can at all
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Even if it's individual departments, it's majority portion of law enforcement...which affects me

I'm not aware of any local size agencies that can compete with the state

Dps and sled in particular got upgrades, even Doc which has for the most part been paid garbage is paying alot more now

At the end of the day there's a big difference in pay now between le local and state. Local agencies are no longer losing guys to other local, but mainly to the state and it's mainly because of money. It will show eventually because the talent drop local agencies are having to hire if they can at all
View Quote

Yeah, DPS, SLED, and DNR all got a little bump over the last few years. Still, they are way behind GA and NC for equivalent positions.

SCDC finally got a raise. Honestly, I don’t know how they’ve kept that place running.

State employees in general got a small raise, but they sure haven’t kept up with COL over the years. Between inflation and increased insurance and retirement contributions, they’ve probably had a net pay cut.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By rock71:

Yeah, DPS, SLED, and DNR all got a little bump over the last few years. Still, they are way behind GA and NC for equivalent positions.

SCDC finally got a raise. Honestly, I don’t know how they’ve kept that place running.

State employees in general got a small raise, but they sure haven’t kept up with COL over the years. Between inflation and increased insurance and retirement contributions, they’ve probably had a net pay cut.
View Quote

This state puts its first responders in the backseat generally when it comes to quality of life, but pays plenty for lip service.

In 15 years there have been 5 I never got a raise and my best raise ever was a 4% cost of living. It's my choice to be there, but I have alot of flexibility and up until recently with the major loss of people there were good people to work with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top