Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2018 12:36:52 PM EDT
since back page is gone, i've browsed it but the "dealers" never return messages (tucson). haven't checked on private party yet but it just feels "scammy". am i right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
back when Backpage was  on  Armslist  was  was pretty  "scammy".

Now  it    "fairly"  legit.

I personally   turn off the  "premium vendor/dealers"

and only look at the private sellers.

Yes you will still get   your  no replies/tire kickers/ flakes,  but no  more  than you did  backpage.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve found a few scams on Armslist. They usually appear as ‘too good to be true’ ads. For example, a listing has an item for $700 when the average price elsewhere (gunbroker, arfcom, etc) might be $1000. Unless the seller is local I’d be very cautious about buying anything from Armslist. One thing you can do is google search the photos in the ad and see what comes up. I’ve done that a few times and found the exact same pictures in another legitimate ad. Scammers are basically reposting someone’s ad, changing the asking price and contact info. Buyer beware and all...
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
oh for sure, i'd never buy anything out of town on there. thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I gave up on Arms list several years ago.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:26:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I gave up on Arms list several years ago.
View Quote
same, tons of scams...  made backpage look legit by comparison...
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 2:16:07 AM EDT
[#6]
One of the major Tucson Armslist dealers isn't here anymore.  Clicmags had good prices but they've moved to Prescott

I normally just look at Private sellers only
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top