Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2024 6:41:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave]
Edit; 4/20/24. See update below, I will be out of town now.

May 10th - 12th there will be Arfcom folks setting up portable radio stations in various parts of the country.

Link to main thread

I am going to setup somewhere in the general Kansas City area. My thought as of now, is Poosey Conservation Area near Chillicothe. Camping, privy on site, lake, hiking trails and  shooting range.

If you are interested in that, you can post here with questions or ideas. The details will unfold closer to the time.

If you do not have a ham radio license, but want to play on HF radio capable of regional, national, global communications, you will be given the opportunity to do that without a license (as people will be there do facilitate the activity)

Of course there will be camp fire, shooting range and a hike...... or whatever else people want to do. Kayaks if people have them. I will bring at least one; but maybe up to three if I drive my truck.

More to come later.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I really need to get myself a portable setup. I can always use my base HF rig but I don't have a portable antenna or portable power supply yet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:40:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#2]
There is no grid power at this location; if someone wants to suggest changing to a camp site with power, we can do that. I will just reserve a spot.

I have plenty of portable antennas and coax cables..... etc for people. I also have a couple HF portable radios.

We have one MO guy confirmed so far. He doesnt get on Arfcom often. Sent some people the info over text.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I will no longer be in the KC area on this day and will have to try and do the field day from the road.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:20:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chumpmiester] [#4]
The local Mexico, Mo club will be doing a POTA activation on May 18th from Marshall Diggs Conservation Area. I will try to get on the air for a POTA activation on the 10-12 if I can get a portable antenna bought or built and a portable power supply by then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top