Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2021 12:15:47 AM EDT
Is it legal to ship magazine rebuild kits or disassembled magazines to CA now?  Finding it difficult to find answer online. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Currently, no, you may not manufacture or repair standard capacity magazines.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have not seen in the laws a prohibition of repairing pre-existing magazines.  Where does that come from?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The way I read it is that repair parts are still okay.   However, repair parts kits that contain all of the parts required to build a magazine with a capacity over ten rounds are not okay.  

Just my dumbass interpretation, do with it what you will.  IANAL.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly, if I accidentally step on my magazine, I can buy new parts to repair it.  I might need a magazine body and a follower but that is okay to buy.  If the feed lips get worn out,... etc.

I've done some reading but have not found a prohibition on replacement parts.

Still, I could be wrong, so if I missed something, let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top