Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2021 11:41:58 PM EDT
We were in Nashville yesterday and I stopped by Frugal Macdoogle. I walked in without a mask and everyone inside had one, and I hear a Karen softly telling someone several times that guy doesn’t have a mask. I never even looked up to see who it was, just got my vodka and checked out. No one said anything to me except thank you.
It just seemed strange to me because the mask wearing is mostly gone in Clarksville. I was curious if this was just the area or Nasville in general?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Don’t know, but nobody has said a thing to me about my refusal to mask up. Maybe it’s the natural scowl on my face, the one that says ‘I will peel your face from your skull if you bother me’, but I always get lots of elbow room at the grocery store.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Nashville government had a mask mandate until late last week.  I noticed a few more people without masks, when I went to Kroger on Sunday, but there were still a lot of people wearing masks.

There have been democrats posting on social media (not limited to Nashville, but Nashville votes majority democrat), that they will continue to wear their masks in public, even though they are vaccinated and the CDC said they can take off the masks, because they don't want the lack of a mask to make people think they are republicans.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Frugal's is filled with yuppies, so there's a good chance of multiple Karens, IMO.

Their beer store side, not so much.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I bet that the "Karen softly telling someone..." also had a Brooklyn accent.

Frugal MacDoogal is located in the "SOBRO" area of Nashville that was never called SOBRO until a few years ago when the 2nd Northern Invasion and Occupation of Nashville began.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Frugal MacDoogal is located in the "SOBRO" area of Nashville that was never called SOBRO until a few years ago when the 2nd Northern Invasion and Occupation of Nashville began.
View Quote

I guess it shows how untrendy I am, that I had to google that term to find out which area of Nashville they had slapped that label on.  I drove through that area, a couple years or so ago, after not having been in downtown for a few years, and was surprised at how it had changed (was also when I first encountered the damn green scooters darting out into the streets).
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Frugal's is filled with yuppies, so there's a good chance of multiple Karens, IMO.

Their beer store side, not so much.
View Quote
Its all one big store now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its all one big store now.
View Quote

I haven't been in there in 4-5 years now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Nashville isn't really indicative of TN as a whole. Corporations and the associated transplanted liberals have taken it over. Started about 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nashville isn't really indicative of TN as a whole. Corporations and the associated transplanted liberals have taken it over. Started about 20 years ago.
View Quote
This is very true.
Nashville is nothing like it was when I moved here 40 years ago.
I'm looking forward to leaving in 3 years and moving to the Ozarks. Retirement can't come soon enough.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is very true.
I'm looking forward to leaving in 3 years and moving to the Ozarks. Retirement can't come soon enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is very true.

The changes to Nashville have been enough to make my wife, who was born here and lived here almost her entire life, ask me when we're going to leave.

“The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.”
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Nashville is pretty libby in parts. In all of TN I have only been required to wear a mask at a restaurant in German Town. In all the bars and downtown is good just the places on the outskirts of DT.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nashville government had a mask mandate until late last week.  I noticed a few more people without masks, when I went to Kroger on Sunday, but there were still a lot of people wearing masks.

There have been democrats posting on social media (not limited to Nashville, but Nashville votes majority democrat), that they will continue to wear their masks in public, even though they are vaccinated and the CDC said they can take off the masks, because they don't want the lack of a mask to make people think they are republicans.
View Quote

Chattanooga ended theirs at the end of April, and it took a few weeks for folks to really start taking them off.  Give it another week or two.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The changes to Nashville have been enough to make my wife, who was born here and lived here almost her entire life, ask me when we're going to leave.
View Quote

I lived in Nashville for 58 years. I moved out 4 years ago. It's no longer Nashville, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don’t know, but nobody has said a thing to me about my refusal to mask up. Maybe it’s the natural scowl on my face, the one that says ‘I will peel your face from your skull if you bother me’, but I always get lots of elbow room at the grocery store.
View Quote

It might be that face paint, wolf hide hairpiece, and NVG causing that, too....
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It might be that face paint, wolf hide hairpiece, and NVG causing that, too....
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#17]
you were downtown where are the institutionalized folks live.

and by that I mean liberals.

Got death stares at Whole Foods last week.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

and someone told me last week "WeHo area". I was like where the f is "WeHo".....?

they said "by the fairgrounds"

Everything now has a name.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Should've helicoptered your dick at them.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

and someone told me last week "WeHo area". I was like where the f is "WeHo".....?
View Quote

I would've bet "WeHo" would be Dickerson Road.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

View Quote

I will never use any of those terms. Bring back the days of the Classic Cat and legit Tootsies.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am finding myself having to use google to find out what part of town someone is talking about, more and more often.

...and I was born in the old St Thomas hospital.

The first I can remember noticing this insanity, was people talking about "the OHB".  Are they so brain damaged that they can't use complete words?  (sure seems like it)
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I will never use any of those terms. Bring back the days of the Classic Cat and legit Tootsies.
View Quote

You want to mess with them?  Refer to places by using landmarks such as the Children's Theater, Cheekwood, or various high schools - places that people would automatically know where they were, if they went there on one of the common field trips or to watch an away game in high school.

ETA: Use Rudy's Farm as a landmark, if you want to take it up a level.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am finding myself having to use google to find out what part of town someone is talking about, more and more often.

The first I can remember noticing this insanity, was people talking about "the OHB".  Are they so brain damaged that they can't use complete words?  (sure seems like it)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They use names that are "trendy."
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:... ETA: Use Rudy's Farm as a landmark, if you want to take it up a level.
View Quote

Or "Fair Park."
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
you were downtown where are the institutionalized folks live.

and by that I mean liberals.

View Quote

I know what you mean Red.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or use The Sailmaker, Fifth Quarter or Cain Sloans..................  
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall any school field trips to those places.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't recall any school field trips to those places.
View Quote

You went to the wrong schools..................
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that near SOMLK?

Or SODMBRN?

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They use names that are "trendy."
View Quote

I kinda get OHB, as the full name has seven syllables

and yeah the new "trendy" talk is a bit annoying
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m an East TN spy, residing near Nashville...all I know is Briley Parkway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top