Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2021 5:40:00 PM EDT
In Cut Bank area? How are they to work for? Are they pushing the vaccine mandate? I am under the impression there is a union, but not sure which one.
Any info on benefits is appreciated.

I put in for a couple openings on the natural gas side, completed a 1 way video interview last week for one of ‘em.

I’ve got about 6 other applications out that have not yet responded, mostly in the region around Great Falls.  Hoping to make the move back home in 2022.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 2:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no mandate in Montana. Just the opposite, mandating the vaccine is illegal and a human rights violation.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is no mandate in Montana. Just the opposite, mandating the vaccine is illegal and a human rights violation.
View Quote

Companies don't care, they claim that fed fuckery trumps state law. Dealing with that bullfuck with my employer right now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I am aware of that, however the company I work for at present has a location in Helena, and has held the same vaccine requirement there as here in Washington, claiming government contractor status trumps state law.

At least this is the stance they have portrayed in company-wide emails to us peons.

I figure if Boeing is willing to give MT the finger, other large companies could be as well.

Link Posted: 12/19/2021 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am aware of that, however the company I work for at present has a location in Helena, and has held the same vaccine requirement there as here in Washington, claiming government contractor status trumps state law.

At least this is the stance they have portrayed in company-wide emails to us peons.

I figure if Boeing is willing to give MT the finger, other large companies could be as well.

View Quote

Possibly the only thing that will prevent this is criminal charges for company management who try to force it, and I think that MT law includes those criminal charges. I'll have to look at the letter that the AG sent to my company when I go back to work.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
NWE has perpetual job openings.

It's for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's for a reason.
View Quote

Have you worked for NWE? Care to expand on your statement?

Seems like most large corporate employers have their issues. I am struggling to imagine NWE being much different than Boeing. Better overall morale would be ideal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:01:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Seems like most large corporate employers have their issues. I am struggling to imagine NWE being much different than Boeing. Better overall morale would be ideal.
View Quote

I'll echo Third_Rail.  If you're looking for higher morale, I'm not sure NWE is the right answer.  I spent a handful of years with them as an engineer before leaving recently and it's impressive how bad it had become.  From what I'm hearing from old coworkers, it's only getting worse.  I know more people there who are currently job searching, than I do people who are wanting to stay long term.  If you have any specific questions shoot me a PM and I'll try to give you as good of an answer as I can, but assuming you're looking at getting on a gas crew, my knowledge of that specifically will be pretty limited.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you have any specific questions shoot me a PM and I'll try to give you as good of an answer as I can, but assuming you're looking at getting on a gas crew, my knowledge of that specifically will be pretty limited.
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll echo Third_Rail.  If you're looking for higher morale, I'm not sure NWE is the right answer.  I spent a handful of years with them as an engineer before leaving recently and it's impressive how bad it had become.  From what I'm hearing from old coworkers, it's only getting worse.  I know more people there who are currently job searching, than I do people who are wanting to stay long term.  If you have any specific questions shoot me a PM and I'll try to give you as good of an answer as I can, but assuming you're looking at getting on a gas crew, my knowledge of that specifically will be pretty limited.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My FIL worked there many years ago as an engineer.  You couldn't pay him enough to ever go back.  The whole Montana Power to NWE transition was a cluster from the stories he has told me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's for a reason.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#13]
@rbenji298

i was a staff aug for NWE years ago.  

i actually kinda liked it.  not sure what that says about me.

i've done work for a lot of utilities over the years and i think NWE is decent compared to most utilities.  

if NWE paid more i'd have no problem going to work for them as a direct hire.

if you're on the labor side you're union (i'm assuming) and therefore don't have to deal with the NWE office stuff.

feel free to PM me with any questions.

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

PM sent
View Quote

Finally got my response re-typed.  Hopefully it went through this time.  Let me know!
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm a gas compression mechanic in Montana.   I've dealt with NWE a bit in Cutbank and Shelby.   Every one of their employees I've worked around have been decent guys.  Their hours and priorities have rubbed me wrong a time or two.  I repair/maintain equipment for some of the smaller producers that transmit through NWE.  It seems that intercompany politics rise and fall a bit.  I'd work for NWE.  Keep out of the gossip and do the work.  Anybody with a good temperament should be fine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#16]
It may vary area to area.   Locally the guys stay on long term and like it.  

They did mandate the vaccine but not sure about now.  Most of their employees took the jab before they rescinded it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for all the input, and sorry for the delayed response. I have been out of town and mostly away from devices for the last week.

Quoted:

Finally got my response re-typed.  Hopefully it went through this time.  Let me know!
View Quote

Never did receive your response, sorry.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm a gas compression mechanic in Montana.   I've dealt with NWE a bit in Cutbank and Shelby.   Every one of their employees I've worked around have been decent guys.  Their hours and priorities have rubbed me wrong a time or two.  I repair/maintain equipment for some of the smaller producers that transmit through NWE.  It seems that intercompany politics rise and fall a bit.  I'd work for NWE.  Keep out of the gossip and do the work.  Anybody with a good temperament should be fine.
View Quote

@kaptinkaveman

Did you ever work for MPC in great falls? Or, the electric co-op in cutbank?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 2:18:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Never worked for MPC or electric co-op.  Mostly small independent gas and oil producers. @68mudstud
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top