Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2020 11:30:32 AM EDT
I'm considering making a trip on Route 6 from the Poconos to the middle of the state, Troy/Couldersport area, on my motorcycle with my Girlfriend when the weather cools a bit.

Anyone familiar with the area or done anything similar? I'm by the Delaware Water Gap, planning a 3-4 hour trip in one direction, staying at a B&B, and returning back.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a camp on 6 on the other side of Wellsboro. Lots of good stops in that area. Burning barrel, antlers inn (heard rumor they might close) etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Once you get out of Lackawanna county going west into Wyoming and Bradford counties the drive is much nicer.
Just west of Wyalusing is the Wyalusing Rocks overlook and a side trip to the French Azylum isn't too far. Interesting and little know history there.
Also, check out the Sullivan's March historic markers along the way.
There shouldn't be too much Gas field traffic like there used to be but always say alert for the Halliburton sand trucks and local water trucks.
Enjoy and let me know if you have any more questions as I live out this way.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Easy ride from 15 to Coudersport. I think there is a gun shop coming into Wellsboro.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a great ride. Hit the Grand Canyon west of Wellsboro. In Coudersport try Frosty Hollow B&B. If you stay at Frosty Hollow Cherry Springs state park is just up the road a ways for star gazing. It's one of the darkest skies in the eastern US. The Ice Mine is worth a stop in Coudersport.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top