Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2020 5:06:47 PM EDT
Went to floridajobs.org which is the unemployment website for Florida. Although not unemployed from a non-essential due to separation (job still there when county lifts restrictions), I am unable to complete the application for financial assistance without proof of completing five job applications per week and a slew of other jump thru hoops job search info.

Since this is not typical unemployment circumstances, is there any exemptions that are known for that requirement? I have an email inquiry to the state concerning this, but who knows when they will reply.

Anyone else been through the process successfully yet?
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:49:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:19:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2020 6:19:25 PM EDT by wmagrush]
Been trying that number all day. Been getting “unable to take your call” pre-recorded message. Guess the system is overloaded.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:25:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:41:56 AM EDT
I found this posted on FB. I hope it’s what you need.

“Just a reminder to everyone who filed for unemployment during the lay off: You have to start a new weekly claim every Sunday. This claim will ask you to provide proof that you are actively seeking work. BUT because we are part of a pandemic lay-off we DO NOT have to be actively seeking work. The application will give you an error message and then will ask you why you did not look for work. Under the reasoning for not looking for work all you need to write is “temporary covid-19 separation”
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:12:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2020 4:06:31 PM EDT by wmagrush]
I finally got through to the Employ Florida site via phone. 1-800-438-4128. Their response was claims after 15 March do not need to fill out the job seeker information because of the virus situation. But this is not reflected on the DEO website when signed in.

After repeated dropped calls from them, just sent out this “catch-22” problem to elected state officials. We hired them, might as well let them take on some of the fixing of the system.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:10:35 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Norecoil1:

I found this posted on FB. I hope it’s what you need.

“Just a reminder to everyone who filed for unemployment during the lay off: You have to start a new weekly claim every Sunday. This claim will ask you to provide proof that you are actively seeking work. BUT because we are part of a pandemic lay-off we DO NOT have to be actively seeking work. The application will give you an error message and then will ask you why you did not look for work. Under the reasoning for not looking for work all you need to write is “temporary covid-19 separation”
View Quote

Just got an email from customerinfocenter@deo.myflorida.com stating mostly what you found, And says disregard the ‘incomplete’ status showing up on the application.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 6:38:59 AM EDT
Dude, even before COVID all you had to do is fill out 5 companies with their address and phone number.

Just find random places online. Do it every week. It takes 5 minutes.

You’re way over thinking this.

Source: FSA Sister.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 5:01:08 PM EDT
Not overthinking it. The system is broke. Links with dead ends, or instead of sending you to the next page to continue it restarts at the beginning. Information that says do not have to complete a certain section (the requirement waived until May 2nd) just enter COVID-19. No link or space to complete that step.

And the phone system broke also. Gives a thanks for calling, we’re too busy, then hangs up.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:29:17 PM EDT
My wife has been trying to apply online for unemployment and it's not working.  She's already out of her mind with anxiety and she's starting to really lose it over this.  I printed out the form to fill out so she can mail it in to Tallahassee instead.
Link Posted: Today 8:43:49 AM EDT
After several frustrating days and nights of trying to complete the application, I was finally successful.

I logged on, about a week ago, around 2:00 am using an older windows laptop.

It seemed to me the website was most stable using an older version of Internet Explorer. I thought this might be a coincidence, but I later read the website works best with a previous version of IE.

Getting benefits is another story.  My application has been pending approval for about a week now with no updates or communication from them.
Top Top