Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2024 7:18:09 PM EDT
I live in NV but have a place in AZ.  A couple of years ago I decided to invest in a project in Havasu City associated with the new marina being built. The wheels of this deal have completely fallen off the wagon and now I need a lawyer in Maricopa County to sue on my behalf. Just as an FYI I am a lawyer myself but don’t handle breach of contract cases and am not licensed in AZ so I need someone down in AZ to handle this for me. It should be a fairly straightforward breach of contract case. We paid the entirety of the our portion upfront and the breaching party was supposed to deliver their product. They haven’t delivered and it doesn’t look like they can.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By LVJD:
I live in NV but have a place in AZ.  A couple of years ago I decided to invest in a project in Havasu City associated with the new marina being built. The wheels of this deal have completely fallen off the wagon and now I need a lawyer in Maricopa County to sue on my behalf. Just as an FYI I am a lawyer myself but don't handle breach of contract cases and am not licensed in AZ so I need someone down in AZ to handle this for me. It should be a fairly straightforward breach of contract case. We paid the entirety of the our portion upfront and the breaching party was supposed to deliver their product. They haven't delivered and it doesn't look like they can.
View Quote
Why does that not shock me. I am in Havasu, and you never pay in full to have anything built here, especially a boat. Sorry for your troubles. Question, why are suing in Maricopa County and not Mohave?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Why does that not shock me. I am in Havasu, and you never pay in full to have anything built here, especially a boat. Sorry for your troubles. Question, why are suing in Maricopa County and not Mohave?
View Quote

The contract states that the forum for any litigation is Maricopa County. I have to say l like Havasu. I used to have a place on the river in Parker and we would always go to Havasu to grab dinner because there’s nothing in Parker.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Tim Forshey. If he can't represent you, he probably knows someone suitable. I know him from his work in the local 2A community.
https://forsheylaw.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top