Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2021 10:27:26 PM EDT
I have a job interview out there next week.  I've driven through plenty of times.  If I did live out there, I would probably live in WV.

How is the health care, restaurants, social activities, meeting people?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm here!

All depends on who you ask.  I think the healthcare, restaurant, and social activity options are good for small city/large town surrounded by a rural county.  But this is coming from a healthy recluse (lol) who only eats out when his wife forces him to do so!

Biggest plus recently is that the BOS of the county is conservative and they put up a fight against the Leftist idiots on the school board.  Winchester City is Leftist through and through for the most part...

Living in WV is a GREAT option!
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]
What Doc said...I'm here as well...been here for 50years.  Hated it when growing up as there wasn't a lot for a teenager to do...still isn't a lot.  Think health care is awesome, however I'm only in for regular checkups, so no hep there.  Social activities and meeting people not much help either as, I'm married and meeting people is "as it happens", most seem friendly, however when we (wife and I) meet people 98% of the time we have our dog with us, so he's the "icebreaker", one a side note, I'm and extrovert and will talk to a wall and carry both sides of the conversation if needed.  As Doc mentioned Winchester city is liberal, but county (Frederick) is conservative.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#4]
city of winchester has everything

hospitals and doctors and plenty of store's yes

and liberals and crime

Around election time the pro commie's come around to her house asking to vote commie liberal

and the crime ive noticed is getting worst . woke up last monday and walked out her door and looked three houses over and 5-6 squad cars

I have a family house in winchester right off 81 and rt7  back in a bit were mother lives and holy shit i want her to move

My place is 38 miles west in west va and i love being able to go home on my time off and relax

Id look around Gore va or rt522/rt127 corridor ( 15 miles from winchester )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top