Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2019 6:04:42 PM EDT
Howdy Guys,

Edited to change the locale.  Apparently the bike is actually in Sandusky.

I'm looking at a bike on the internet at a place in the Canton  Sandusky area.  Hoping a ARFcomer can go by and take a look at it for me.

Any takers?

Thanks guys.

CMOS  
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a bit of a haul from Canton and my work schedule for next week is questionable but it MIGHT work out.    What kind of bike and what do you need done?

2Hut8
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am a bit of a haul from Canton and my work schedule for next week is questionable but it MIGHT work out.    What kind of bike and what do you need done?

2Hut8
View Quote
2H8,

It's a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900.  Just need some eyes on it to see small details that I cannot see from the posted pics.  And or, if you're a biker, maybe take her for a quick spin.

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Canton. It has been years since I've ridden a bike, and I have no special mechanical knowledge, but I could take a looksie and snap some smartphone pics if you need. PM me?
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm in Canton. It has been years since I've ridden a bike, and I have no special mechanical knowledge, but I could take a looksie and snap some smartphone pics if you need. PM me?
View Quote
@lukef

IM sent.

Problem: I think your inbox is full.  Got an error message when I tried.

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
It's definitely not full, I'm at 1%, 0/25 messages. Ill look into the issue.

ETA: I had "Allow Instant Messages?" set to "No". I changed that so try and shoot me another PM when you get a chance
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's definitely not full, I'm at 1%, 0/25 messages. Ill look into the issue.

ETA: I had "Allow Instant Messages?" set to "No". I changed that so try and shoot me another PM when you get a chance
View Quote
PM sent....

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Update:  just been told that the bike is actually in Sandusky, MI, not Canton.

[sigh]

Can anyone help in this location?

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking at it online, and it's in Sandusky.

So that means Approval Powersports.

Run. Run away.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looking at it online, and it's in Sandusky.

So that means Approval Powersports.

Run. Run away.
View Quote
Drove up and bought it last week.  Great folks to work with.  They even paid for an overnight stay at a local Motel.

I trailered it back on a flatbed.  Not fun driving home Monday through that snow storm......

Bike looks and runs great.

CMOS

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#10]
V Twins are icky and slow, lol.

You're probably the first person I've ever heard of who had a good experience there. Hopefully it holds up ok for you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
V Twins are icky and slow, lol.

You're probably the first person I've ever heard of who had a good experience there. Hopefully it holds up ok for you.
View Quote
Party pooper.

CMOS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top