Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2021 10:31:13 PM EDT
Preferably one without a power supply, or ... literally anything inside. I just want the case.
Honestly, a busted up, broken router or broken switch would probably work too.

I'm wanting to build a rack mounted, Raspberry Pi Cluster/Pi-NAS.
Not sure if it needs to be 1U, or 2U. I *THINK* you can fit 3.5 HDs in a 1U, side by side.

I want to be able to fit, 3-4 Raspberry Pis into it, and two 3.5mm Drives, and a fan or two.

I'd rather buy used, because I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that is essentially just a sort of hobby project for me.
If I can find one for dirt dirt cheap, or even free.... I'd appreciate any help :)

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I got rid of my extras a little while ago unfortunately.

Supermicro usually has cheap used chassis for sale, but you get what you pay for.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=supermicro+512&_sacat=0&_sop=15

You should be able to fit what you mentioned, but it might get tight. Those short chassis really don't have too much room.

I suggest using a regular PC case if you can get by without the rack mounting, but I understand wanting it as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top