Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 5:53:45 PM EDT
Gonna start the paperwork to SBR my SP5 on Friday, so I need to find someone that’s good and can do it the right way because it has to be a certain depth etc. I'd probably rather have it laser engraved because I'm probably going to do the engraving inside the retractable stock slot. I'd rather get it done on the back where the stock cap will cover it but I keep reading mixed reports that it used to be ok but now it's not
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#1]
LEO Armory in Tucson does nice laser engraving.  It’s probably just as fast and cheaper to send off to Tar Heel State Firearms.  You might need an appointment with LEO Armory.  I know others who have been happy using LEO not to have to risk losing something in the mail.  No nonsense veteran owned business. He does a lot of production work, so that can dominate turnaround.

For something like a cheap AR lower Tar Heel’s service is excellent.   Most people I know will engrave before the stamp if using mail order engraving. That way if something gets lost it’s not an NFA item.  Others feel the post office works harder to find NFA items.

Nice piece to SBR.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I'd very much rather go to someone local and not send anything through the mail. I'm having a hard enough time just getting my packages right now as it is. I've never heard of LEO I'll check them out. And I hadn't even considered getting the engraving done before the paperwork came through, good idea. All I have to engrave is

Last name
Tucson, AZ

Right?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BabaYaga777:
Yeah I'd very much rather go to someone local and not send anything through the mail. I'm having a hard enough time just getting my packages right now as it is. I've never heard of LEO I'll check them out. And I hadn't even considered getting the engraving done before the paperwork came through, good idea. All I have to engrave is 

Last name
Tucson, AZ

Right?
View Quote

I believe it's First and Last name plus city & state.

I have used LEO and been happy with his work.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga777:
Yeah I'd very much rather go to someone local and not send anything through the mail. I'm having a hard enough time just getting my packages right now as it is. I've never heard of LEO I'll check them out. And I hadn't even considered getting the engraving done before the paperwork came through, good idea. All I have to engrave is 

Last name
Tucson, AZ

Right?
View Quote

If registering as an individual then:  First, Last, City, State

If a trust, then:  (full legal) Trust Name, City, State.

Never used him myself but I'm sure LEO know exactly what to do.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I believe it's First and Last name plus city & state.

I have used LEO and been happy with his work.
View Quote
How much do they charge, approximately?  I have two that I need done....  How long did it take?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How much do they charge, approximately?  I have two that I need done....  How long did it take?
View Quote

It looks like they charge $65 now, I used them a few years back and feel like I paid closer to $50.

Link

Turn around was less than a week.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Another plus one for LEO Armory. Good people. I've got four with their engraving.

The last I had done was supposed to be ready in a couple days, they got backed up a bit and it wasn't done when I was in the neighborhood to pick it up. The owner apologized, gave the Mrs. and me a good tour of the operation while his help was setting my lower up. Then we got to watch it being engraved.

Mine were $50 to have done but it's been a couple of years now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
LEO Armory has done 3 for me. Very happy. Quick turnaround but it’s been a few years.  He was able to match the trust font to the font used by the manufacturer which I think is a nice touch
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Leo Armory.

Its not even a question.

/thread

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
LEO here as well. Did one of mine same day once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top