Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2018 3:39:02 PM EDT
Our small breeder had to have knee surgery, and needs to thin her dogs down. Various ages and sexes, mostly black but some yellow, as well.

Right now, a friend is fostering a 7yo female black, that really needs a home. She can't keep her after another week.

Can provide more details if someone is really interested.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m fostering a pit bull right now otherwise I could have at least offered to foster until you find a home. If you know of anyone that wants a beautiful young male PB let me know.

He has shown no aggression, he needs neutered(tries humping my female dogs constantly) and is very playful as a puppy will be. He has started showing chewing tendencies but I’m working on that. This knucklehead is a slow learner though.

I still have that bag in my garage for you as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
One of these days, brother. We'd foster her, but when she stayed the night, it became obvious that 7 dogs is one too many.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:13:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm considering getting a companion dog for my 10 month old female GSD to keep company with.  Would an older lab be an OK fit for that?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm considering getting a companion dog for my 10 month old female GSD to keep company with.  Would an older lab be an OK fit for that?
View Quote
Two female dogs can be problematic.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
True, I'd not considered that.  Katie gets along better with male dogs most of the time, anyway.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All 4 of my females get along just fine. 2 Labs, 1 GSD, and 1 French Bulldog.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don’t have a whole lot of experience with multiple female dogs but I’ve never seen issues either. ?????
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:

I don’t have a whole lot of experience with multiple female dogs but I’ve never seen issues either. ?????
View Quote
While I have also had two female dogs placed together successfully, it is a commonly known possible problem.  That is why I said “Two female dogs can be problematic.”

I have also had to put a dog down because of aggressive behavior that could have been aggravated by the two female situation (although she became very aggressive with a male also).

Some information:
https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/12/04/two-dog-household.aspx
Two female dogs thrust together often cannot establish a stable pack order. And believe it or not, females are more likely to fight to the death than males are.
View Quote
Some additional information:
https://pethelpful.com/dogs/The-Risks-of-Raising-Two-Female-Dogs
When two females are close in age, there is often a lot of competition. They will fight over several competing elements. Such fights seem to occur the most in the presence of the owner. They may fight over who walks first up a ramp of stairs or through the door, they may fight over sleeping areas, foods, treats and toys. Sometimes a cause may not be completely visible in the owner's eyes but it any case one dog may have felt challenged by the other dog and felt the need to send her back down the ladder.

Adopting a female younger dog when owning already a female senior dog as mentioned above is also high risk. The newer dog may perceive that the older dog as weak either because of sickness or weakness and may try to take over. Unfortunately, it's not unheard of such fights having a sad ending.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

While I have also had two female dogs placed together successfully, it is a commonly known possible problem.  That is why I said “Two female dogs can be problematic.”

I have also had to put a dog down because of aggressive behavior that could have been aggravated by the two female situation (although she became very aggressive with a male also).

Some information:
https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/12/04/two-dog-household.aspx

Some additional information:
https://pethelpful.com/dogs/The-Risks-of-Raising-Two-Female-Dogs
View Quote
Thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top