Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2020 6:51:10 PM EDT
I heard a ad for them today on the car radio. I was using Spring Valley for my outdoor shooting but we all know the score there.

Their running a 1/2 off membership sale, $85 bucks for a year. Might be worth it to me to get back to a decent rifle range
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I did a Carbine class there, it's seems GTG. They seem very Non Fudd.

They have a small LGS and also a small outside bar with a roof.

I don't know how it is on a typical general public day but I image about the same.
Years ago it was a Motocross track.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did a Carbine class there, it's seems GTG. They seem very Non Fudd.

They have a small LGS and also a small outside bar with a roof.

I don't know how it is on a typical general public day but I image about the same.
Years ago it was a Motocross track.
View Quote

I signed up for a year, figured it's only $$95 bucks and I can try it out as soon as I get a chance
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
i shot there for the first time last august. ROs were nice. had lots of steel targets at 200 yards and pistol pits which was nice.
one thing i disliked: apparently theyre having some issues with their neighbors way down range. supposedly found a bullet hole or something. anyway as a precaution, the put up extra low boards on all the bench areas, its super annoying. im not a tall guy at all, 5'8" and even i had to crouch down to fit.
this isnt me in the pic but you can see here, you have to basically be "mag podding" it to shoot. they did the same to the pistol pit also

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Riddle:
i shot there for the first time last august. ROs were nice. had lots of steel targets at 200 yards and pistol pits which was nice. 
one thing i disliked: apparently theyre having some issues with their neighbors way down range. supposedly found a bullet hole or something. anyway as a precaution, the put up extra low boards on all the bench areas, its super annoying. im not a tall guy at all, 5'8" and even i had to crouch down to fit. 
this isnt me in the pic but you can see here, you have to basically be "mag podding" it to shoot. they did the same to the pistol pit also
https://i.ibb.co/jgbb2px/IMG-3460-Copy.jpg

View Quote

That sucks. I'll run by Sunday and check it out. I figure if I can bench rest rifles I can live with it for awhile. I've 4 AR's and 4 M-1 Carbines that need a 100 yard zero and it looks like spring Valley will be closed till next year, I can't wait that long
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DonFlynn:

That sucks. I'll run by Sunday and check it out. I figure if I can bench rest rifles I can live with it for awhile. I've 4 AR's and 4 M-1 Carbines that need a 100 yard zero and it looks like spring Valley will be closed till next year, I can't wait that long
View Quote

Where did you hear that about Spring Valley?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 50 yd range with a real backstop, any one on ARFcom is welcome to shoot here. 45338
Shot 300 9mm, 60 556, 60 30-30 today.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:

Where did you hear that about Spring Valley?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:
Originally Posted By DonFlynn:

That sucks. I'll run by Sunday and check it out. I figure if I can bench rest rifles I can live with it for awhile. I've 4 AR's and 4 M-1 Carbines that need a 100 yard zero and it looks like spring Valley will be closed till next year, I can't wait that long

Where did you hear that about Spring Valley?

I'm taking a guess about Spring Valley. I do know the state has shut down all "non essential" building projects because of the Kung Flu so you have to figure it'll be summer before they start on the berms there. Given the state I ain't planning on being able to use Spring Valley anytime this summer/early fall
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Riddle:
i shot there for the first time last august. ROs were nice. had lots of steel targets at 200 yards and pistol pits which was nice. 
one thing i disliked: apparently theyre having some issues with their neighbors way down range. supposedly found a bullet hole or something. anyway as a precaution, the put up extra low boards on all the bench areas, its super annoying. im not a tall guy at all, 5'8" and even i had to crouch down to fit. 
this isnt me in the pic but you can see here, you have to basically be "mag podding" it to shoot. they did the same to the pistol pit also
https://i.ibb.co/jgbb2px/IMG-3460-Copy.jpg

View Quote

I played hooky from work today and went out and checked it out. It'll due for now, I can see it'll have wait times on the weekends but I can take Fridays off when I get my membership card and hopefully beat any crowds
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I know the range in question is SW, but in SE Ohio there's a range open right now.

https://onguarddefense.com/

Hope everybody likes it if you go. I always have a good time.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AR_Dale:
I did a Carbine class there, it's seems GTG. They seem very Non Fudd.

They have a small LGS and also a small outside bar with a roof.

I don't know how it is on a typical general public day but I image about the same.
Years ago it was a Motocross track.
View Quote

My son and I used to race there years ago. Track was always a bit dicey. Seams like they always tried to halfass things. the owner was a bit flaky. Don't know if its the same guy now or not though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#11]
https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/butler-county/st-clair-township/neighbors-say-bullets-from-st-clair-twp-gun-range-flew-into-homes

Just saw that on the news last night.

I never got a good feeling from people I knew that raced when it was a track.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By crazyelece:

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/butler-county/st-clair-township/neighbors-say-bullets-from-st-clair-twp-gun-range-flew-into-homes

Just saw that on the news last night. 

I never got a good feeling from people I knew that raced when it was a track.

View Quote

Wow, that doesn't sound good. Honestly the few public ranges I've been to seemed far from having an adequate back stop.

The private club I belong to owns a 40 acre valley with a 100 ft cliff for a back stop and surrounded by farm fields.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Try www.fortharmar.com in Marietta.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top