Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2020 9:47:49 PM EDT
My hunting partner is in the final stages of purchasing a chunk of property in SW Owen County. Just curious if we have any members who hunt that area. Looking for what we can possibly expect as far as turkey population, buck genetics, etc..
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been hunting that area for years. My family has a farm and I usually take a nice buck and some doe meat for the freezer. I've taken a Turkey every year that I have hunted them. Some years I get caught up in blue gills and mushrooms and forget about Turkey hunting. Hope this helps you out.
Dan
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
i live in SW Owen county.   jefferson township between freedom and coal city....closer to worthington

message me    would like to discuss.   i have gotten involved with QDMA and trying to improve habitat.

also EHD hammered the bucks down here last year.   i chose not to harvest a deer off my property this year.   surrounding neighbors in a 3 mile radius found a total of over 20 dead deer in their fields

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top