Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2020 9:53:38 AM EDT
Whitmer shut down my industry on 23 March and I still cannot get any answers on my unemployment. I consistently call hundreds of times a day and cannot even get to the “on hold” section. As it sits the last message I sent them (14 days ago) is still unanswered. I’m sure it is something simple but I have no way to address it, messages don’t get answered, calls don’t go through and I’ve never been able to get chat to put me through.

I assumed since others have had to deal with similar issues that there is a way to somehow make contact that I’m not aware of. I am willing to try anything at this point!
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
In for answers. Filed April 4th. Zero payments received
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If I could get 5 minutes on the phone I’m sure it would be done, might as well play the lottery-my odds are better
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s a freaking joke. I’ve spent a full day calling around 30 times to a busy tone. Zero messages sent back out of three sent. Smart chat? Not today, jack. When I do get through on the phone, it hangs up.

All of this you know already. It is a joke. Great incentive to cash out the 401k and not hit the penalty and screw myself out of a retirement. But wait, that’s income so you can’t collect on that week since you’re not getting shit anyways ??
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried Facebook?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m not on Facebook but my wife updates me on current tricks that she sees posted. Found out today that I can go back to work Monday (thank God!), so at least I can get back to earning a living. For the record I heard back from my State Reps office this afternoon and they are doing what they can
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Why are you calling?  Just to sign up for unemployment?  I filed for my wife in early April and we have received all payments.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Laid off March 24, finally filed April 1, Certified on April 15. Had the NON-MON and work waiver issue..

I've been hitting them up a few times a week with "send unemployment a message" for a month.

Finally answered me on May 8

Certified today and found my back weeks have been issued on May11, but not deposited yet. Well it is May 11, so maybe a few more days......
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Received my back UIA $$$, waiting on Monday's $$$ now.

Send UIA a message online, and keep sending them.

eta--Received Monday's Cert $$$
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Got laid off March 18. I filed my claim online. My wife was laid off shortly before, and also filed online. Both of us have had to call on 2 separate occasions. Once we got lucky and were able to kill 2 birds with one stone thanks to a kind enough operator to take both our questions on 1 call. The other time my wife had to call a few times before she was on hold for 2.5 hours for a 10 minute conversation. I had to make exactly 278 calls before I was on hold for over an hour for a 5 minute call. The system is totally overrun, but any money we've had to wait for was back payed if that is any consolation.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Pure luck, I guess, but after hundreds of calls I was able to get on hold. Was on hold several hours and got a lady that took care of everything in maybe 2-3 minutes, very helpful. Looks like I'm all set now and to add to all that I've finally gotten called back to work! Truly can't wait for this BS to end.

Learned something new, too. My I-phone will only hold 200 calls in my "recent call" log. Several times in the last several weeks the Unemployment Agency was the only number left in the log at all.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Good for you on 2 counts.

I'm not going back until WhitLess ends her darn EO extensions.

After the fight at the Capital today, I expect another 2 week extension she was hinting before the protest.

At least I know what my retirement can be like in 4 months
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the guys at work could retire any time but has been putting it off for whatever reason. He still has fun at work, still likes what he does, doesn’t mind getting up.

I think he had a change of heart the last few weeks. He really enjoyed his time off and realized how much fun retirement was.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Keep a log of attempts to contact.

Make sure to share with your state Rep. repeatedly, and make it known on his Farcebook page.

Our GOP Legislators are enjoying Whitmers power trip, as much as the Democrats are.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top