Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2021 8:43:21 AM EDT
Coming down from New Hampshire next March to see the area and go to Red Sox Spring Training.  It’s my wife’s 40th birthday and she’s a huge Sox fan so I’m going to surprise her.  

Any areas to avoid?   Any hotels you’d recommend?  

Thanks

Ian
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't stay off of 41 or colonial.

The intersection of Daniels road and the interstate has a few decent hotels near the ballpark. The next exit down near gulf coast town center has a lot to do for food and shopping, some hotels there too. Generally further south gets nicer as you get into Bonita, Estero, Naples, but Daniels road and I75 has some safe affordable hotels.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Daniels and Ben hill Griffen have a lot of hotels since the airport is nearby and it's very close to the stadium. East ft Myers is shitty as well as some parts around downtown.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Skip Ft. Myers and keep going south to Naples.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Skip Ft. Myers and keep going south to Naples.
View Quote

Full already.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe stay on Sanibel. It is a little farther away but is nice.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't stay off of 41 or colonial.

The intersection of Daniels road and the interstate has a few decent hotels near the ballpark. The next exit down near gulf coast town center has a lot to do for food and shopping, some hotels there too. Generally further south gets nicer as you get into Bonita, Estero, Naples, but Daniels road and I75 has some safe affordable hotels.
View Quote

This.  Tons of nice shopping centers and restaurants within 15 minutes of the park. Going west toward the beach gets pretty congested, but if you have time and the inclination, there are plenty of touristy beach areas between FM and Naples with the usual seafood restaurants, bars, surf shops, and ice cream places.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Full already.
View Quote

Definitely not. Been going to the beach a few times a week lately and all the access points are pretty empty. I’m a Naples resident btw.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Definitely not. Been going to the beach a few times a week lately and all the access points are pretty empty. I’m a Naples resident btw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full already.

Was only playing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Was only playing.
View Quote

Ahh ok.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top