Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2020 1:52:51 AM EDT
Grouse Season opens up the 12th in WI and the 19th in MN.  An added bonus is woodcock opens the same as MN's grouse opener this year.  Heading up to ND to kick things off with some sharpies but looking forward to living in the woods out of my tent for the next few months.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm with ya. Sitting on the edge of the boundary waters now, waiting for the leaves to turn.  My dogs are ready.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I am doing the online safety training right now. My buddy at work is going to take me grouse hunting for the first time. So yea I am excited lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am doing the online safety training right now. My buddy at work is going to take me grouse hunting for the first time. So yea I am excited lol
View Quote

Nice!  Although I was really annoyed having to take that class.  MN won’t honor out of state hunter safety.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
My problem is I have a remmy 870 express tactical. 18 in barrel 6 round mag. not the best set up for a first timer. I am on Ebay now looking at a legit barrel to swap it with.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Who told you that?
View Quote

The MN DNR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My problem is I have a remmy 870 express tactical. 18 in barrel 6 round mag. not the best set up for a first timer. I am on Ebay now looking at a legit barrel to swap it with.
View Quote

Not ideal but it beats a rock though.  Plus it be handy in the real thick cover.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It might not be the best setup, but it will kill birds. If you find a better barrel great, otherwise just go have fun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 4:05:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It might not be the best setup, but it will kill birds. If you find a better barrel great, otherwise just go have fun.
View Quote

LOL well I ordered a 28in barrel that takes chokes, should cover any needs I got for birds.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I haven't hunted grouse since I was a kid... moved away and recently came back.  I can't wait.  Used to pop them out of the trees with a .22 then blast them with a 410 when they'd try to run away.  Best bird hunting of my life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top