Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2018 9:02:48 PM EDT
https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/ma-lock

Saw this at a LGS and they were selling full featured ARs with them installed.  They run a tight ship and aren't ones to play fast and loose with the law.

They obviously installed them on completed rifles.  If it was installed (and documented) on and 80% lower before milling, I can't see this not being kosher.  Even to the point of deflating "originally designed for" arguements.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#1]
It's kosher till it's not?

I think the law and opinions of NYSP are so convoluted that we'll never know what is gtg.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen that lock used on a few ARs which permanently attaches the mag until you drill it out just like anything else.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have seen that lock used on a few ARs which permanently attaches the mag until you drill it out just like anything else.
View Quote
Seems less dodgy to me than, say, an MR2, or a JB welded / epoxied T Nut.

Was just intrigued by the use of a shear pin and the "no, really, literally broke off the screw head, now tell me what my intent is" aspect of it.

Obviously given enough time or tools you can remove pretty much anything, but this seemed a but more on the safer side, at least to me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Interdasting.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been using the Prince50 mag locks, loctite the screw in place, epoxy over the hole and be done with it. Voila. Plus it's a few bucks cheaper. And black.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Can this be used for 6.8?
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#7]
How is everyone loading the mag on a "Fixed Mag AR"?  The MA Loader is sketchy at best.  I put in my order long before they were released and received them but do not like them at all.

Are you pivoting the upper then loading?

Bill
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How is everyone loading the mag on a "Fixed Mag AR"?  The MA Loader is sketchy at best.  I put in my order long before they were released and received them but do not like them at all.

Bill
View Quote
I use the BF10, it's similar to the MA loader but uses sliders on the side rather than the ring in the middle. Cost is about the same. I haven't tried the MA loader.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use the BF10, it's similar to the MA loader but uses sliders on the side rather than the ring in the middle. Cost is about the same. I haven't tried the MA loader.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill
Looks a thousand times better than the MA Loader!
Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looks a thousand times better than the MA Loader!
Thanks,
View Quote
One other thing different that some like, others don't is; with the MA loader the bolt closes when it is removed and with the BF10 you have to hit the release like normal. Some call it a feature, others a bug, I like that the bolt stays open.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. And I like the fact you don't have to buy a separate piece for the "feature" of consistent loading.

If anyone is close, Blue Tuna in Kenmore always has them in stock.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting

Unfortunately down state its a no go, but at least we can have the flight light SCR.  Its not perfect but better than a sharp stick
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why do you feel downstate is different from upstate?
View Quote
Because NYC has their own laws when it comes to firearm ownership
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:58:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I would epoxy the hole, but who knows?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top