Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2018 9:48:34 PM EDT
I am looking at some predator hunting groups to learn more about predator hunting in general. I have had limited success and I want to figure out what I could be doing better. The websites for these places really suck, and I can only see so much information on Facebook since I don't have an account. before I try going to an open meeting I thought I would check here. Is anyone here a member to either Arizona Predator callers or Phoenix Varmint Callers?
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I belong to APC.  I believe the meetings start up again in August.  In what part of the Valley do you live?

I am, by far, not the best predator hunter out there.  I've been going to APC for two years and have picked up some good pointers and met some guys that have taken us out and showed us what we were doing wrong.  The meetings cover hunting of coyotes, bobcats, mt. lions, bears, etc.  We have monthly group hunts and there's a yearly club hunt against other clubs in the state.  Lots of friendly guys who will try to help you out.  Also, the monthly gun raffle gives you a shot at a decent firearm for next to nothing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I belong to APC.  I believe the meetings start up again in August.  In what part of the Valley do you live?

I am, by far, not the best predator hunter out there.  I've been going to APC for two years and have picked up some good pointers and met some guys that have taken us out and showed us what we were doing wrong.  The meetings cover hunting of coyotes, bobcats, mt. lions, bears, etc.  We have monthly group hunts and there's a yearly club hunt against other clubs in the state.  Lots of friendly guys who will try to help you out.  Also, the monthly gun raffle gives you a shot at a decent firearm for next to nothing.
View Quote
@VinSanity480

I am in cave creek, Where are the meet ups? I tried checking the website but the domain has expired......
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#3]
PVC would be closer to you. APC meets in Mesa. Basically Stapley and Main St.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
PVC would be closer to you. APC meets in Mesa. Basically Stapley and Main St.
View Quote
Thanks, I am probably going to check out APC anyway since they seem to focus on pairing on novices with experts, I also like the event schedule. I really don't mind the drive once a month.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#5]
You should hit up Glen from Independencetraining.com He puts on a Coyote Clinic and it looks like the next one is scheduled for Dec1 he goes by Rizzo here.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
@VinSanity480

Can you send me a message about APC I am interested in joining and live pretty close to the meetup site you mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You should hit up Glen from Independencetraining.com He puts on a Coyote Clinic and it looks like the next one is scheduled for Dec1 he goes by Rizzo here.
View Quote
Thanks, I am going to check this out. if anything I might pick up the book this clinic is based off of.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
APC, PVCI and XPC are all good to go for predator hunting clubs here in the Phx area. Lots of experienced and successful callers in those clubs. As with anything, there's some silliness that goes on so just be sure that you know who you are getting paired up with at the meetings/club hunts.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
APC, PVCI and XPC are all good to go for predator hunting clubs here in the Phx area. Lots of experienced and successful callers in those clubs. As with anything, there's some silliness that goes on so just be sure that you know who you are getting paired up with at the meetings/club hunts.
View Quote
Can you expand on this? I have never been a member of any group like this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top