Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2020 4:02:17 PM EDT
Since they are back to regular hours?  Link

Thinking of going to Obetz, do not want to stand in line.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in there a couple weeks ago and pretty much walked right in, at the time I think only the gun sales were a little tricky, meaning maybe expect a bit of a wait.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in there a couple weeks ago and pretty much walked right in, at the time I think only the gun sales were a little tricky, meaning maybe expect a bit of a wait.
View Quote

Sounds normal for Vance's, or do you mean even more of a wait than usual?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a lady at the door and she ask me if I had a appointment? I told her I was there for the fishing sale they had going on, she said that firearms were still taking appointments but even without one they could probably get me in, there were no lines, store wasn’t anymore crowded than it would have been on any normal weekday, this was two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a line out the door for people buying guns.

If you were there for anything else, you were permitted entry immediately.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Fk them. Purchased online and had a 7pm appointment today... Got there 650... Get in line and wait 2 hours.... Nope got a refund in under 5 minutes. Will NEVER go there again. NEVER!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fk them. Purchased online and had a 7pm appointment today... Got there 650... Get in line and wait 2 hours.... Nope got a refund in under 5 minutes. Will NEVER go there again. NEVER!
View Quote

Shoot point blank price matches....
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shoot point blank price matches....
View Quote

@Ohian   Is that so?  do they price match all the local stores?  didn't see anything about that on the website.

ETA, I'm an idiot.  found it:

Does Shoot Point Blank price match?
We will match the prices of our local competitors and select online retailers. Furthermore, Shoot Point Blank will offer a free range pass in addition to the price matching to “beat” the price of competing valid offers. Price matching will only be valid on in-stock identical merchandise and no rain checks will be issued. A valid verifiable copy of the advertised price, either print or digital, is required for a price match to be given. Price must be valid at the time of purchase. Shoot Point Blank reserves the right to verify the price and availability of identical merchandise and to limit purchases to one item per customer per day. We also reserve the right to not price match ad prices that are clearance or liquidation prices, special offers and rebates, limited quantity offers, buy one get one free offers, or any other offer at any time. Shoot Point Blank may reject a price match if fraud or abuse is believed to be taking place. If looking for an online price match please contact us here.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Hebron location wasn't bad today. Busy, but not horrible

They're still doing appointments for the gun counter, and there was a spaced out line for people who wanted to checkout, but it only took me a little over 5min to go from the end of the line to a register
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#9]
They price matched Vances on a P365xl.  And on a separate time, price matched Amazon on an UPLULA.  This was at the Lewis Center store.  I work close by so I stop in there once a week to watch for deals.
Quoted:

@Ohian   Is that so?  do they price match all the local stores?  didn't see anything about that on the website.

ETA, I'm an idiot.  found it:

Does Shoot Point Blank price match?
We will match the prices of our local competitors and select online retailers. Furthermore, Shoot Point Blank will offer a free range pass in addition to the price matching to “beat” the price of competing valid offers. Price matching will only be valid on in-stock identical merchandise and no rain checks will be issued. A valid verifiable copy of the advertised price, either print or digital, is required for a price match to be given. Price must be valid at the time of purchase. Shoot Point Blank reserves the right to verify the price and availability of identical merchandise and to limit purchases to one item per customer per day. We also reserve the right to not price match ad prices that are clearance or liquidation prices, special offers and rebates, limited quantity offers, buy one get one free offers, or any other offer at any time. Shoot Point Blank may reject a price match if fraud or abuse is believed to be taking place. If looking for an online price match please contact us here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 4:56:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats always been a issue with them, gun counter is SLOW, if Mr. Vance would actually go with the law and let CCW holders bypass the NCIS it'd speed up a bunch, but his business and his policies ans such, probably keeps his lawyers happy....
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#11]
My son went to Obezt yesterday and bought a new handgun. took him 3 hours. This was his first handgun purchase so he stuck it out...

Me personally, I think Vances if doing other things with your gun purchase than just NICS. The NICS system is pretty fast.  I think they are digging deeper locally just to keep them from any liability...

No proof just a hunch..
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#12]
any word on the lines for the range in obetz?  not interested in waiting hours to shoot...
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#13]
No, the gun counter is not always slow, you need to go when no one else goes, like during an OSU football game.

I read a couple years ago that firearms sold by Vance Outdoors are the most frequently traced firearms in the entire USA.  They're under a microscope so they're not going to take any shortcuts even if allowed by law.

Vance Outdoors is moving into the distribution business ( Sportsmen's Outdoor Superstore ) which may be distracting them from their retail business.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#14]
A friend just told me their Cleveland ave store was hit last night. True?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Must be because of all the loony stuff going on with these protest.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I read a couple years ago that firearms sold by Vance Outdoors are the most frequently traced firearms in the entire USA.
View Quote

A few years ago I was told that Vance Outdoors is the largest volume firearms dealer East of the Mississippi. What else would you expect. Straw purchasers don't have STRAW PURCHASER tattooed on their forehead FFS.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A few years ago I was told that Vance Outdoors is the largest volume firearms dealer East of the Mississippi. What else would you expect. Straw purchasers don't have STRAW PURCHASER tattooed on their forehead FFS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read a couple years ago that firearms sold by Vance Outdoors are the most frequently traced firearms in the entire USA.

I wasn't accusing them of wrong doing, just stating a fact, don't read anything more into it, FFS
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I was at Obetz store last night.. had a 5pm reserve time to pick up a gun. I get there at 450 pm and there i  line of about 10 ppl at the door. I went up and asked if i had to wait as i had an appointment and was told yes. I said if i have to wait for an order i paid for and had an appointment for then I am leaving and will go buy somewhere else. He let me in. The had table set up to do 4473 at 3 computers. once done there if you had an appointment you went to 1 line and if not you went to another line that had about 20 ppl waiting. I went up and got helped right away. Still took me about an hour or so to get the gun and check out. lots of ppl still waiting in line when i left.
Submit
A guy ahead of me was in there on monday and was there for 5 hours and then had to leave and come back to finish process. He said background check were taking forever.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Every time I’ve bought a gun from Vance’s they go above what is required.

I’ve also seen them shut down a sale because a girl was looking at a gun, and then the guy gives her the money to pay for it, salesman said nope.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Glad I am not looking to buy right now, just don’t think I could deal with all the hassle.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#21]
NICS gets much busier later in the day as stores in time zones west of the Eastern Time zone pile on.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought a gun at blackwing a couple weeks ago.  I was in and out on my lunch break.  The guy doing the transaction was slow or I would have had time to eat lunch.

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Stopped  by Obetz yesterday, line of about 20 waiting to get in, parking lot full.

Passed and moved on.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#24]
They could be giving shit away and I don’t know if I would want to deal with that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Every time I’ve bought a gun from Vance’s they go above what is required.

I’ve also seen them shut down a sale because a girl was looking at a gun, and then the guy gives her the money to pay for it, salesman said nope.
View Quote

Yeah, they've had their run through the wringer a few times, because of the number of guns that they sold that have ended up as evidence in Chicago and NYC.

When I bought a matching pair of Ruger Wranglers, we were almost done with all of the paperwork and the salesman looked at my very seriously for a moment, and asked, "Can I ask you one more thing, why are you buying two of the same model?"

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, they've had their run through the wringer a few times, because of the number of guns that they sold that have ended up as evidence in Chicago and NYC.

When I bought a matching pair of Ruger Wranglers, we were almost done with all of the paperwork and the salesman looked at my very seriously for a moment, and asked, "Can I ask you one more thing, why are you buying two of the same model?"

View Quote

I stopped buying guns at Vances Cols location because they try to determine if I am going to use the gun for criminal activity by asking additional questions. Filling out the 4473 and the background check isn't enough for them. I go elsewhere or buy online.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top