Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2019 4:08:49 PM EDT
I know its a long shot, but I'm going to be in SLC today, and I was considering stopping in to the gun show, but I hate to spend $12 to get in if the vendor that usually has ammo and primers is out of stock or not there at all... Is anyone there today? Worth the stop in, or bag it?

Specifically looking for 5k Winchester small pistol primers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Were you able to get the primers?

I may have a lead on some if you need them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I decided not to stop in. I did notice today that CCI and federal primers have a rebate that just started, so I'm planning on shopping around a bit now before buying anything.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#3]
gun shows are NEVER worth the price of admission.

Buncha retards hawking used crap at ridiculous prices.  Local gunshops are usually cheaper, and anyone on this site should know how to buy guns online and how to find the cheapest local FFL for transfers.

Some people like to haggle and think they get bargains because "bargain bob" started at $800 and sold X item for $600.  When online it woulda been 450 shipped and ~15 to transfer it locally.  To those types, just go to a flea market where there's no ludicrously high coverage charge and you can carry while you shop
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
gun shows are NEVER worth the price of admission.

Buncha retards hawking used crap at ridiculous prices.  Local gunshops are usually cheaper, and anyone on this site should know how to buy guns online and how to find the cheapest local FFL for transfers.

Some people like to haggle and think they get bargains because "bargain bob" started at $800 and sold X item for $600.  When online it woulda been 450 shipped and ~15 to transfer it locally.  To those types, just go to a flea market where there's no ludicrously high coverage charge and you can carry while you shop
View Quote
Gun shows are basically pawn shops with a cover charge. I think the entry fee is worth it though because it's like having 20 gun stores in one stop and just like I do with Best Buy, I only go in those places to see products in person that I plan to buy online.

Many people refer to Best Buy as "Amazon's showroom". I suppose you could say that the gun show is like GunBroker's showroom.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top