Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2023 4:19:48 PM EDT
Any M1A guys nearby?
I'm SE of Richmond, near Petersburg.
Need some minor work done, nothing major.
Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any M1A guys nearby?
Thanks,
View Quote

I know this doesn't help, but I can/do...unfortunately I am out of the country this year and a bit out of your area, as I am in Charlottesville.

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know this doesn't help, but I can/do...unfortunately I am out of the country this year and a bit out of your area, as I am in Charlottesville.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any M1A guys nearby?
Thanks,

The VERY FEW shops near me are always "months out" last time I asked, best guy says 3 months.
I've got a TRW build with a TRW stock with a lock up problem . . . I'm thinking it needs bedding around the trigger group.
Have you ever done this?
I know it's easy, for those with skills, but for me? I lack in that department.

I think you are about a 2 hour drive from me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Is TTI still in business? You may want to get on an M14 specific site and ask around.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is TTI still in business? You may want to get on an M14 specific site and ask around.
View Quote

I haven't been to TTI in years  . . . . they did good back then on my ARs.
I'm on M14 sites but no members near me at all.
I really do not want to ship this off (to several very good member guys I've used in the past) due to expense and new shipping hassles.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Rick the owner of TTI can hook you up. Does great work.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Rick (TTI) does good work

some of the State Team guns still play with 14's,   there is a guy named Carl Shaw that does great work north of RVA (not sure if he has worked on a 14 in a while) and they (State Team) used a guy name Sammy Dayton out in Tidewater,

been years tho since I have chatted with the guys I know that went distinguished on a 14,  I'll reach out to one to see if those guys still work on them
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
If Sammy would work on it that would be a solid pick. The problem you're going to face is that the guys who used to build these are dieing out. Literally. And the work that was often done by the state rifle team members was by guys without FFLs who might be less than inclined to take on a project in today's political environment -- especially for someone they don't know.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Rick (TTI) does good work

some of the State Team guns still play with 14's,   there is a guy named Carl Shaw that does great work north of RVA (not sure if he has worked on a 14 in a while) and they (State Team) used a guy name Sammy Dayton out in Tidewater,

been years tho since I have chatted with the guys I know that went distinguished on a 14,  I'll reach out to one to see if those guys still work on them
View Quote

I know  Sammy Dayton out in Tidewater, he was in a rifle club I was in about  20 years back.
Guys I still hang with, no one knows how to contact him.
Last they heard he retired and no longer works on other guys rifles.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I would avoid TTI. I asked this question previously and made the mistake of taking everyones TTI recommendation.

He had my LRB for a barrel swap 2 years ago.  When I dropped the rifle off I asked Rick if the chrome lined barrel would be an issue for headspace, he said no and quoted me 6 weeks in September.  After twice being told it was ready and showing up with it not being ready he told me in March (6 weeks turns into 7 months...) that the barrel wouldn't headspace because it was chrome lined.  Went and picked up my now non-functioning rifle and he charged me $125 for the privilege.

Ended up sending it to LRB direct and they lapped the bolt, swapped the barrel and had it back in a week.  Should have done that from the start, it wasn't much more expensive.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]
OP,, pm sent on a contact one of my friends sent me
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP,, pm sent on a contact one of my friends sent me
View Quote

Thanks!
Appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top