Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 4:10:00 AM EDT
So I really love board games, but I only end up playing them maybe twice a year when family comes into town to visit. All my friends either don't have time or don't care for board games. I have A LOT of board games of different types, both competitive and cooperative, and also the traitor mechanic (like Battlestar Galactica, for which I have all expansions). Could even do Dungeons & Dragons if the attendees are so inclined. I'm up for basically any tabletop gaming. I've got a friend that is an experienced DM if so.

I had thought about looking on meetup.com or something, but I figure on there I'm just going to get random tools, some of which may be cool and some not. Figured I may be able to find some folks on here with similar mindset that also like board games.

I can host in Haymarket, I've got an 8 foot long table so all manner of games including large footprint ones can be played on it.

I've also got retro video game setup with games from all eras available, so that is an option for folks taking a break from the table or knocked of of an ongoing board game, etc.

I've also got a Viking axe throwing gallery in the backyard that works similar to horseshoes with a competition of 2v2 to 21 points.

Not sure if there is any interest, but I would say if there is, PM me your email addy and I can send out a multi-party email to those interested to see if people want to come out for a game night. I figure I might start with a Friday or Saturday night in January after all the holiday rigmarole. I figure Saturday afternoon/evening is probably going to work best to avoid traffic issues, work schedules, etc. However, I am pretty flexible and weeknights are possible for me as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Great idea, PM sent!
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#2]
If you cant find anyone here, there is a game store in Warrenton that opened recently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top