User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2018 12:17:26 PM EDT
Deleted, Found transport.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry ...

Your two years late..

I use to make that trip every two months from Hudson valley to Fort Meyers.

I live on the coast of NC now..
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no reason to go to Florida but I'm retired and would consider doing it in a rental truck if you want to pay for my time and expenses.  But then again, at that cost I'm sure a legit shipper would be the way to go.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no reason to go to Florida but I'm retired and would consider doing it in a rental truck if you want to pay for my time and expenses.  But then again, at that cost I'm sure a legit shipper would be the way to go.
View Quote
Part of the issue is the seller is at a residential address in a tiny town and has no way to transport it to a freight terminal, it's too heavy for lift gate service for those carriers that offer it. The few wild freight quotes I've gotten exceeded the cost of the equipment. I have a truck & trailer but it is a 16 hour ride one way for me, I'd have to do it in two days, I don't think I'm up to a cannonball run anymore, I've driven 16 hours in a day in the past. So essentially I'd have to take nearly a week off to make the trip.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, so I'm curious what is this mystery equipment?
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Portable full height scissor lift for vehicles. One that has been out of production for 4 years. Somewhat hard to find.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I couldn't do it.  It'd end up at my house.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I couldn't do it.  It'd end up at my house.  
View Quote
It might as well since I can't find a way to get it to FL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top