Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2020 9:55:14 PM EDT
Pull up Patch, several communities are issuing warnings of possible civil unrest and attacks on businesses tonight.Here's the notification from Patch Elmhurst tonight.

Current alert on Wheaton community site.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Supposedly the Best Buy in Downers on Butterfield was looted.  Riot/Loot organizers on social media had other locations on alert which the police were monitoring.  Oakbrook mall, Yorktown mall, BB and Walmart in Addison, etc.  Police engaged as they started to gather and after some unpleasantries they left according to scanner feeds.

The alerts I heard were on the Roosevelt road and Butterfield road corriders going west from Elmhurst route 83.  Businesses closed early and L E blocked off parking lots so no drive throughs much less parking.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Supposedly the Best Buy in Downers on Butterfield was looted.  Riot/Loot organizers on social media had other locations on alert which the police were monitoring.  Oakbrook mall, Yorktown mall, BB and Walmart in Addison, etc.  Police engaged as they started to gather and after some unpleasantries they left according to scanner feeds.

The alerts I heard were on the Roosevelt road and Butterfield road corriders going west from Elmhurst route 83.  Businesses closed earliy and L E blocked off parking lots so no drive throughs much less parking.
View Quote
Great...that is where i work.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The Downers PD press release said the Best Buy on Butterfield had 50 looters
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm at York and Butterfield. I didn't see antifa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top