Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2018 3:35:47 AM EDT
We should do some meet ups and hike. This is my first summer up here, but I love being outdoors. I usually hike with my 10yo, 7yo, and glock 20. I go as often as I can, week or weekend, doesn't matter. I have done both sides of lazy, both sides of the butte, thunderbird falls, reflection lake, April bowl, and many of the independance mine trails so far. If anybody is up for a meet amd hike in the valley, send me a message!
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Both sides of Lazy? Are you talking about the matanuska peak to lazy trail or the lazy mountain and lazy moose trails?
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Just lazy mountain and lazy moose.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 3:43:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just lazy mountain and lazy moose.
View Quote
Right on, I have only ever gone up the lazy mountain trail and down the Lazy Moose trail.

My schedule is all over the place but if I get a chance I will see about giving  you a shout.

I havent done April bowl but have done several of the hatcher pass trails as well.  I have also done McRoberts creek trail going up to Matanuska peak but only to above treeline  in winter looking for ptarmigan.  Mat Peak and Pioneer are both on my list.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m in for some hikes.  I have a 13 year old girl who wants to get some hiking in.  I move to Anchorage at the end of this month.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#5]
How far do you want to drive to trail heads and how difficult of trails are you looking at?  I have several different trails that I like to hike but most are not close by.  Also do you mind hiking on ATV trails?  I attempt to get in a few hikes during the summer, but hike mostly by my self.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm up for anything within a 2-3 hour distance from Wasilla. I'm taking the family up Lazy moose tomorrow afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

I did Mount Eklutna last month. Distance wise it's not too far but it's an awesome hike.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I miss living near Hatchers pass
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top