Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2022 5:19:25 PM EDT
Looking to pick up an 80 percent AR lower. Just curious if any local dealers in Boise area have them.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to pick up an 80 percent AR lower. Just curious if any local dealers in Boise area have them.

Thanks
View Quote

If you have trouble finding one at a shop....

https://www.tacticalmachining.com/80-lowers/ar15-80-lower-receivers

https://www.righttobear.com/80-percent-lowers/
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Stockpile Defense and Boise Black rifle have 80% pistol frames.  But I'm not sure if I recall AR lowers.

Good luck!  If you find a place let us know.

I did see a few on zidaho and gungroup for sale by individuals.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If the purpose is having a lower off their books, just buy a lower face to face.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the purpose is having a lower off their books, just buy a lower face to face.
View Quote

Finally a man who speaks the truth.  Just buy a used AR from someone who lives in a van down by the river.  

People I’ve seen who want to buy an 80% lower or because they don’t want the “man” to know they bought an 80% always put off a weird vibe to me.  They think they’re being all sneaky and so adamant in their stance that the government doesn’t need to know what they have. I understand the thought and intent, but there is  most likely some kind of record of that sale unless the shop is still using 1960’s style cash registers.  So that kind of negates the “sneaky sneaky I know better” crowd.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a polymer 80 frame because I was bored, and wanted something to do.  It would have been cheaper to buy a Glock at this point
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Finally a man who speaks the truth.  Just buy a used AR from someone who lives in a van down by the river.  

People I’ve seen who want to buy an 80% lower or because they don’t want the “man” to know they bought an 80% always put off a weird vibe to me.  They think they’re being all sneaky and so adamant in their stance that the government doesn’t need to know what they have. I understand the thought and intent, but there is  most likely some kind of record of that sale unless the shop is still using 1960’s style cash registers.  So that kind of negates the “sneaky sneaky I know better” crowd.  
View Quote

I have done quite a bit of 80% lowers.

They are something that I can laser engrave, anodize, or cerokote exactly how I want them to be.

Do some people want to have something who's serial number isn't on a 4473.....yes, they do.

But guys like me want to have them engraved with pictures, phrases, or build them as clones.

Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Good looking stuff.  If the majority of people I dealt with on this topic were more like you, I’d have a different opinion.  However, I just keep running into weirdos who to me are looking to avoid a little more than a 4473.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top