Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2024 11:55:40 AM EDT
I'm in the upstate area looking to get quotes on getting my asphalt repaired/sealed. The last guy told me I should just grind off and start over.  I have plenty of good asphalt though there are some cracks, some "gatoring" and no potholes.  Anyway, anyone have a recommendation on someone that does asphalt work in the upstate area?
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone out of North Augusta sees this you'll probably have a bunch of guys driving up in pickup trucks with a load of "leftover asphalt" offering to make you a good deal.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny enough, that did come up in one of my conversations about my driveway!

I'll pass.... thankyouverymuch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
when my daughter bought this house in Inman a few years ago we had several companies out for estimates... well 2 out of 5 even showed up, one kept postponing...
anyway, the driveway (only 400sq ft) is still solid with maybe one hole where it meets the street and only a few cracks.
No one would just do a "top" renewal, all the estimates were for complete tearout with new stone, binder and topper.  I was told by a few that no one would bring all the equipment, and labor just for a renewal, it wasn't worth it.

I'm sure you can find a few fly by night guys out there, but you get what you pay for.

Now that I live here,  I'm just gonna wait till the attached garage goes up next year and concrete the whole thing.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunwolf:
when my daughter bought this house in Inman a few years ago we had several companies out for estimates... well 2 out of 5 even showed up, one kept postponing...
anyway, the driveway (only 400sq ft) is still solid with maybe one hole where it meets the street and only a few cracks.
No one would just do a "top" renewal, all the estimates were for complete tearout with new stone, binder and topper.  I was told by a few that no one would bring all the equipment, and labor just for a renewal, it wasn't worth it.

I'm sure you can find a few fly by night guys out there, but you get what you pay for.

Now that I live here,  I'm just gonna wait till the attached garage goes up next year and concrete the whole thing.
View Quote

My first quote hasn't come back yet.  He is going to send it to me "shortly" and it includes some sand mix thing in the gatoring and crack filling followed by sealing.  I can't wait to hear what he comes back with.

The second guy says don't do anything with it and start over.  $44,000 is his rough estimate and he'll get back with me for the formal one shortly.  I told him he didn't need to bother with that one.

Seems that most of the real asphalt companies are after elephants, not rabbits.  Big contracts or nothing.  My driveway isn't small, but $44k is absurd if you asked me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Depending on how bad it is, there are some asphalt guys that post videos on yourtube showing how to do repairs and refinishing if it's not already in bad condition and needing a a pro with heavier equipment.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I know a guy. D'ya like dags?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Ass fault

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you get a quote from Panagakos Asphalt paving 864 277 7860 and from Hendrix Construction 864 895 6650? Hendrix rebuilt my mother in laws asphalt driveway in 2011.

Also try some of the seal coat and line striping guys in your area, ask around.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sanlanman:
Did you get a quote from Panagakos Asphalt paving 864 277 7860 and from Hendrix Construction 864 895 6650? Hendrix rebuilt my mother in laws asphalt driveway in 2011.

Also try some of the seal coat and line striping guys in your area, ask around.
View Quote

First I've seen these guys.  I'll give them a call.  Thanks.

I looked at some videos and could possibly do some work myself, but I'm gonna say I'm more of a geek than I am a handyman.  I'm capable of most things, but I was a radar/electronics guy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top